9P EO-9 vs P3D Rebel 100

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the same photo, but one was made lighter. I have a hard time believing that's two different lights with the exact same beam, one incan, and one LED.

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the same photo, but one was made lighter. I have a hard time believing that's two different lights with the exact same beam, one incan, and one LED.

Mine thoughts too.
My P3D is slight bluish compared to my EO-9, and EO-9 is therefore slightly yellowish compared to P3D.

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys I`m reposting it again. Sorry for the confusion last night...

I was doing a fast copy and paste and I made a BOBOOO...

I didn`t check it after I reposted it.

This is the real deal BELOW...

P3D REBEL 100

9P w/ LF EO-9

KingGlamis

Banned
Thanks for the pics. Is the P3D reflector smooth or orange peel (OP)? It's very bright, but not very floody is why I ask. Can you take a throw pic outside?

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
P3D Rebel 100 has a very wide flood beam. If you look at the picture carefully, you`ll see the wide flood on the very edge of the picture. (The wall from left and right where the flashlight is). I can`t do a beam shot outside bec. there are so many light out here... sorry. BTW, it`s has an Orange Peel Reflector.

Here is another beam shot of P3D REBEL 100 . Look at how wide the flood is from the corner of the picture.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
OK, those pics in post #23 are definitely different - they are taken from a slightly different position, and the 2nd one is brighter. However it still doesn't look like an EO-9, of for that matter any incan.

The EO-9 has a slightly oval-shaped hot-spot, and being an incan, it should appear much warmer in tint than that.

That looks to me like another LED - it could almost be another photo taken of the first light at a different exposure.

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
Pics were taken using a Motorola camera phone.

The beam shape is EO-9 but with an orange/yellow tint.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
That looks to me like another LED - it could almost be another photo taken of the first light at a different exposure.
I tend to agree, my EO9 looks very different to that. Not trying to discredit you but IMO looks a lot like a LED with a smooth reflector, the EO9 has an oval hotspot which isn't as defined on the edges, i would also have expected the hotspot on the EO9 to be larger at that distance.

Once it is dark i will post a wall shot of my EO9 and compare, unfortunately i don't have a P3D to do the comparison though

Norm

Retired Administrator
Both pictures appear to be LED. Doesn't look like any EO-9 I ever seen.
My EO-9

dsc03245ne4.jpg

Norm

Last edited:

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Norm
You beat me to it, here are some pics i just took, hard to take white wall pics as i don't have a long distance to take them, these are done from five metres. Doesn't really show the potential of the EO9, but the pics show what i mean by the hotspot being mixed with the sidespill and not being defined. Also you can see that it is not round like the cree

EO9
IMG_1056.jpg

Sniper with Smooth Cree drop in
IMG_1057.jpg

Latest posts