• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

A Leaning Tower of Ti, C-Pack Safety Style

AlecGold

Enlightened
AFter extensive testing I need to say the rubber is protruding about 1/10th of a mm after burning for more than 20 minutes in a room at 20C. this would even take longer if the room is colder or cooled by hand or a slight breeze.
But the light is not even wobbeling, so little is the difference.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear that, AlecGold. I've learned that when my protrudes, I can simply press firmly around the rim of the boot to get it back down to normal.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi i dont know what i am on about but , does it not prove, there is a vaccum therefore, no, water,can get in.also clickie or pd, stick it in sand.does not matter both will shine, no wobble.

AlecGold

Enlightened
hum, well i did some more testing and when running a brand new Varta down (it took just 115 minutes to get it into blinking mode, but it was cooled at 15Celcius) I noticed that after an hour orso it did protude indeed. But just to make it wobble a bit. Not much and I didn't notice until I touched it.
At first I thought the bottom of the glass was not flat (which was indeed the case, but it was slightly hollow) so I took it out and it was indeed protruding a bit.
But with them solution of our famous Codeman ;) it won't be much of a problem when using the light, instead of 2 hour almost useless ceiling bouncing. :D :D

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I been trying my whole life, but it's useless, Dad. I'm just a leaner by nature.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi got my s27-c today, and i am very happy ,so after playing with it i did a 25 minute, stand test , it stayed upright, no wobble, at all, i must say the light stayed warm for a while after this ,(makes a good pocket warmer), i like,very much.

AlecGold

Enlightened
Hmm, mine starts to wobble a bit now. I think the rubber booty gets stretched up a little. Any other experiences with this?