A new use for Google Earth....

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I just tried looking closely at a few places in Texas including my area, and google earth just has rotten resolution for me!

I can grasp an area just fine, but detail lacks SEVERLY!

rcashel11

Newly Enlightened
You know, I have used the measure tool in Google Earth to gauge the throw of my lights. Good to know that I'm not the only nut to think of that... :grin2:

LED BriCK

Enlightened
Hmm, I wonder if there's any way to find out when they will be updating the pics of your yard. Run outside and try to light up the satellite!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I just tried looking closely at a few places in Texas including my area, and google earth just has rotten resolution for me!

I can grasp an area just fine, but detail lacks SEVERLY!

Same here for Pennsylvania! I downloaded the free version off the Web. Am I being cheap and should I be paying for a better version? This would be some fine, fine software---if it only worked for me! :awman:

Karl

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Bmccue1964 said:
Do you live on a golf course? Nice piece of property!
nope, it's a farm, we have the field planted with timothy and alfalfa, our neighbors up the road hay it, it's a win-win situation, we get a tax write-off for the land being used for farming, we get first pick of the hay for our horses, and our neighbor gets fresh hay for his cows and the leftovers he sells

Atrick-Pay

Newly Enlightened
MacTech:
Cool picture and great idea!

Just wondering though,
how did you get your light to go in curvy lines,
Mine light always go straight. :)

Latest posts