I need a new flashlight for property

tonkem

Enlightened
Maybe look at Olight, simple interface, proprietary battery though. I have an Olight Marauder Mini which is a combo of flood and throw, but a bit bigger that the light you are replacing. Might also look at Nitecore offerings. I still use my MH12s and Mh25s lights, and the newer ones are brighter and have USB C recharge ability. Olight has several lights that may fit your needs, might check out their site as well as Nitecore. I would say also check he Surefire EDC2DFT light, 100k candela and a decent spill. Zebralight has the SC700d HI available now that should be approx 500 lumens for 2 or 3 hrs, depending on battery, but not sure of max output, as I have the SC700d and it is max 3000 lumens, but not for long,. Hope that helps.

Galane

Newly Enlightened
Come to think of it, perhaps your thorfire broke when you dropped it because the connection to the LED broke. Take it apart and give it a look. Like my father always said... "it's already broken, take it apart and see if you can fix it."

You might find a loose/disconnected wire that all you need to do is to resolder it.

If it's already busted, nothing you do to it will make it not work. ;) I put an old toaster in a dishwasher then let it dry out in bright sun for a few summer days, Plugged it back in and it worked fine for quite a while longer until it failed from something not due to decades of accumulated crumbs in the works. IBM used to "refurbish" keyboards using a room full of dishwashers and a hot blowing air drying room. If everything worked after that the "refurbishement" was considered done. Only boards that didn't recover all keys working from being washed got taken apart for repair.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I never tried an Elzetta. I need to aquire one I think

I've yet to find a light that suits my needs better than a HDS or Zebralight
I envy you. You've found lights that are absolutely perfect for your needs. I'm still looking. Sooo many that come so close. But fall short in one way, shape or form.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I envy you. You've found lights that are absolutely perfect for your needs. I'm still looking. Sooo many that come so close. But fall short in one way, shape or form.
Honestly my perfect lights really don't exist. They are close, but the Zebralight and HDS are as close as I can find. My perfect light would be a duel fuel AA Or CR123 Malkoff MDC with .5 lumen moonlight mode in titanium with a replaceable electronic tailswitch

Last edited:

3_gun

Enlightened
If you really want a tail switch check out this one from Hank.
I have a couple including a SBT90.2 which is crazy {hand held sun] bright[4k/L] & covers 100yds with ease in a fireball but has an ok runtime at a level near 1k/L . With 31 different bulbs, two reflectors & colors you should be able to find a good choice for your need.