a stock mini mag w/ led and 3d/4d mag ?'s

Gator762

Enlightened
I have the 3D Mag LED upgrade, incan Mini Mags, and the 2AA Mini Mag LED.

The Mag LED upgrade is OK, but there is better. I grabbed mine because it was clearance at Target for under $10. For the $20 you're better off with a Terralux upgrade or something.

I wouldn't spend the money on the Mini Mag LED. That money would be far better spent toward a smaller EDC carry light like a Fenix L0D Q4. You will be blown away by the light put out from a little AAA light that fits in your pocket and will run an hour on high too.

White_Shadow

Newly Enlightened
I have the 3D Mag LED upgrade, incan Mini Mags, and the 2AA Mini Mag LED.

The Mag LED upgrade is OK, but there is better. I grabbed mine because it was clearance at Target for under $10. For the $20 you're better off with a Terralux upgrade or something.

I wouldn't spend the money on the Mini Mag LED. That money would be far better spent toward a smaller EDC carry light like a Fenix L0D Q4. You will be blown away by the light put out from a little AAA light that fits in your pocket and will run an hour on high too.

yeah, i have pretty much moved away from the mini mag LED, im looking at getting this. for the price i have not found anything else with more lumens.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tlf-3l2aa-.html

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
$30 for that 2aa you just linked...no no no....go to the cpf marketplace and get fenix L2D it is very good only 10 bucks more and you will love it ...marketplace is down right now but look for L2D that issachayes is selling

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
that will do just fine too, have you thought about a malkoff ,it is pricey but last i checked it was around $58 for the mag...but the terralux is good

White_Shadow

Newly Enlightened
that will do just fine too, have you thought about a malkoff ,it is pricey but last i checked it was around $58 for the mag...but the terralux is good

i thought about the malkoff, but i dont want to go that deep right now. just had a baby and the wife is no longer working. so 1 income = cant have to many toys. but i am wanting a small light like this to carry on my while i am at work. the 3d/4d will be a bedside light. the terralux is what i am looking at getting for the 3d. i have not purchased a 4d mad yet. and as of right now dont know if i will, i am learning/finding alot of alternatives to it that are brighter. for my bedside light i want it to be BRIGHT, and hour or 2 on max lumen would be fine, but i also would like to have a multimode to use it when the power goes out so i can conserve battery power. the fenix i will have on me also at home and it will live with my keys on the nightstand.

You'll still get twice runtime by using rechargeable, and if you use light alot it really is cheaper in the long run.

Look HERE.

ok, let me go look at what you linked.....

edit: ok the L2D is now in contention, i like the multi brightness levels.

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like this for the mini http://www.batteryjunction.com/niizeiqswupy.html but my question is do i have to click through all the modes to turn it off? like when i turn it on, will i have to click the switch many times to turn the light off??
No. You quickly click the switch repeatedly to select the mode you want. Once the selected mode has been "running" for a few seconds, a simple click of the switch will turn the light off.

One thing to be aware of is that the Nite Ize IQ switch cuts the output of the light by almost half. I have one on a minimag I have in our bedroom, so it's OK. The blinking tailcap is nice touch when you are fumbling in the dark trying to find a light.

White_Shadow

Newly Enlightened
No. You quickly click the switch repeatedly to select the mode you want. Once the selected mode has been "running" for a few seconds, a simple click of the switch will turn the light off.

One thing to be aware of is that the Nite Ize IQ switch cuts the output of the light by almost half. I have one on a minimag I have in our bedroom, so it's OK. The blinking tailcap is nice touch when you are fumbling in the dark trying to find a light.

as i learn and read more i am finding that the sky is the limit for these damn flashlights. i started of yesterday wanting a mini mag LED and am now up to the L2D, which i am seriously considering with eneloops. i am still wanting the terralux for my 3d mag though.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only one click will turn the light off. Mine flickers after about 10 or 15 minutes of constant on. But maybe I just need to Deox the contacts.
It's supposed to do that. It has a 14.5 minute auto-shutoff feature.

The flickering starts at 13 minutes to tell you that the light is going to shut off soon.

White_Shadow

Newly Enlightened
if a mod ( or anyone that knows a mod ) wants to lock this thread its ok. i have all my info that i need and have decided on what i am going to buy. thanks to everyone for their input!!