A Streamlight PolyTac in My Glove Box

NH Lumens

Enlightened
OP, any thoughts on frosting your reflector (not lens) to try to clean up the ringy output?

I'm OK with the rings, in all honesty I don't notice them under normal outdoor use.

ForrestChump, LOL - never noticed the ring until you mentioned it! Maybe it's because I use momentary 90% of the time, or maybe because of my hearing loss. In any case, I tried the same with my 47 and SF lights, and they all seem to make their own kind of noise. I think I'll change the O-rings on mine too.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed all the same things, except I decided Im gonna keep it lol. High mode only!

HA, I thought of linking to the mini review and completely spaced it. Like I said Im buying a plain ol Polytac so the benefits outweigh the grievances IMO.

I think it's overall a great light and @ the price can't be beat.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm OK with the rings, in all honesty I don't notice them under normal outdoor use.

ForrestChump, LOL - never noticed the ring until you mentioned it! Maybe it's because I use momentary 90% of the time, or maybe because of my hearing loss. In any case, I tried the same with my 47 and SF lights, and they all seem to make their own kind of noise. I think I'll change the O-rings on mine too.

CAAAAAAAAARP. I new I should have saved the packaging. They are @ HomeDepo, but they are technically the incorrect size to get a perfect fit. I spent 1/2 hour fitting different sizes. The ones I added to dc38 are the same ones Im going to be putting on the new Polytac. They are MUCH better than stock, but like I told dc38, the stock ones do their job, but I prefer perfect when possible.

Despite the ringing sound and the beat down I gave it, when I bought the switch the repairs center I got it from say they nearly never see Polytac switches go bad...... for what it's worth. They don't even stock them.

+1 over SF for just driving up and having a repair center right around the corner.....

Last edited by a moderator:

NH Lumens

Enlightened
How does a light like this get heat out of the pill? Or does it just sit there getting hotter and hotter as time passes?

Ran mine for over 2.5 hours on high until the battery was depleted and the bezel was just barely warm. I think between the mass of pill and the modest output keep heat build up under control.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ran mine for over 2.5 hours on high until the battery was depleted and the bezel was just barely warm. I think between the mass of pill and the modest output keep heat build up under control.

Noticed the same exact thing, if they got those beam rings out, replaced the back o'ring with something stiffer, and tightened up the acoustics on that switch. I would say this is a G2X Tactical killer!

Good catch on that temp, forgot to mention that.

jmmahon1224

Newly Enlightened
Any thoughts why a 16650 would work in this PolyTac but not the PolyTac 90, which is right angle.