AA MiniMag Collection - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
TD- What is the value of a used/damaged real gold? What did you offer the guy? Thankfully a price war didn't begin for this one if its damaged......

Will- when are you going to start offering exotic wood mm display cases to match your exotic wood minimags?! Just a thought.....My collection has recently grown to a three digit number........scary, very scary. I need storage.

I need: Light blue & weinrot from the swiss seller.

I would like to see: Amber & rose colors same as offered in the solitaires.

Happy Hunting!

greenLED

Flashaholic
sizzlechest said:
TD- What is the value of a used/damaged real gold? What did you offer the guy? Thankfully a price war didn't begin for this one if its damaged......

Will- when are you going to start offering exotic wood mm display cases to match your exotic wood minimags?! Just a thought.....My collection has recently grown to a three digit number........scary, very scary. I need storage.

Sizzle, we need pics!! I'm really curious to see all the other shades you've been able to obtain. I think we're still the only two guys with "greenLED" color. :thanks: I'm still curious to see whether the weinrot is the same as the dark red color we got from eBay.

I bought a knurled bronze the other day on BST, and it is just like the unknurled pewter from action-lights. I think we had already established that, but wanted to re-confirm with people.

Back to the gold minimag, mine is used as well. IIRC, it was bought at a yard sale, then from eBay, before making it to my collection.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started to 'think' about a display case - beveled glass doors, beveled glass sides. Most likely glass shelves, I don't want to get into a fixed number of lights per shelf.

Weinrot - definately a different color than dark red

turbodog

Flashaholic
I don't know. I personally offered about $100, even used.

sizzlechest said:

I would like to see: Amber & rose colors same as offered in the solitaires.

Happy Hunting!

sizzlechest

Enlightened
will said:
I started to 'think' about a display case - beveled glass doors, beveled glass sides. Most likely glass shelves, I don't want to get into a fixed number of lights per shelf.

Weinrot - definately a different color than dark red

Greenled- Will has a picture of the different reds a few pages back. Will's collection of colors/variations and illustrations seems to be the most complete......he is of course missing the ever-sought-after GREENLED color however!!!! Nice score on that bronze too by the way! Wow, what a deal!

My splash anodized collection is coming along quite nicely as well Will. (Please don't tell me your offering these as well or I'm going to have to hide my wallet.)

Happy hunting.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
sizzlechest said:
My splash anodized collection is coming along quite nicely as well Will. (Please don't tell me your offering these as well or I'm going to have to hide my wallet.)

Happy hunting.

I am looking for an anodizer, just not very hard.. The nickel plate mags came out pretty good.

farmall

Enlightened
If any of your AA minimag guys need the Nascar spectrum here's 14 of them.

ebay number 120056310783.

Not my auction, just passing along some info.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Thanks, farmall, I just signed up for that one. If only they didn't have the logo engraved, I'd be set.

With this one, I think I'm pretty much set with my collection. Early on I decided I wouldn't get the Americana or the Nascar checkered series, so I'm good. I don't have light blue or the weinrot, but I'm not sure I'll spend the energy to get them right now.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will,

I received my wood MM's today. They are more beautiful than I can even describe. It is obvious that you put some work into these and I for one definately appreciate it. Thank you.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
wacbzz said:
Will,

I received my wood MM's today. They are more beautiful than I can even describe. It is obvious that you put some work into these and I for one definately appreciate it. Thank you.

enjoy them - I try to make them as best as I can, they are something a little 'different'

sizzlechest

Enlightened
This looks like the light purple minimag color that I had found.......interesting auction- expensive!
ebay:

WOW- thats gotta be a record $ for the sale of a minimag!

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
something a little different

polished electroless nickel plate
walnut wood
ebony bands

this was originally my set up piece, lots of scratches, the grooves for the wood were too long. It cleaned up pretty nice...

walnut.jpg

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
farmall said:
I really like the ebony bands.

They add a lot to the look of the light. Also adds significantly to the work involved.

thunderlight

Enlightened
Bit late to this thread ... I have 2 older minimags. According to the transparent plastic boxes they are enclosed in, one is blue and the other is bronze. The blue one is a light blue, almost a blue green. On the bezel inscription, they both have "TM" above "MFG" and no animal logo. I will post photos at some future date. Picked these up for about $6 each. Needed to loosen and lube parts, but everything worked including bulbs once batteries were installed.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
thunderlight said:
Bit late to this thread ... I have 2 older minimags. According to the transparent plastic boxes they are enclosed in, one is blue and the other is bronze. The blue one is a light blue, almost a blue green. On the bezel inscription, they both have "TM" above "MFG" and no animal logo. I will post photos at some future date. Picked these up for about $6 each. Needed to loosen and lube parts, but everything worked including bulbs once batteries were installed.

Has anyone ever seen the bronze in a blister pack format before? Do we actually know what the part # is officially for this light? From TD's list it is unclear what the # is for this.

Thunderlight- Do you show a part # on the back of that blister pack? (It should read M2A _ _ _)

Please advise.

thunderlight

Enlightened
Hi Sizzlechest,

Will see what I can find. Not at home now and the instructions have received water damage. However the plastic container is intact - hopefully will have the code. Will edit this response with whatever info I have.

EDITED Addition: Unfortunately I can't read the entire product code, but those familiar with Mags product code scheme will probably be able to fill in the missing pieces. What I can identify is:

Bronze Minimag:
Barcode is "38739 10344" & Product Code Ends with "103-000-044" I can't tell whether there are any digits preceding the "103"

Blue Minimag:
Barcode ends with "8739 10339" I can't read the product code. However, I assume that the barcode is missing an initial digit of "3" based on the bronze minimag codes. I'm not going to speculate on the product code for the blue model.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Incidentally, guys, the "kelly green" Soli Will has in this post, is the color sizzlechest dubbed "greenLED". My gratitude goes to sizzle, not only for giving the color my nick, but for scouring this world and the next 2 and sending me one. Mine's engraved with a company logo, BTW.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
the kelly green solitaire is the color that came from Action-Lights, that color is still available from them -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.