AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Very nice!! It looks like someone had that done custom. The AAAs always had laser etched bezels and yours is missing the laser etching most likely because someone gold plated over a standard light.

I'd agree except this has a brass host. I own some of the ones fivemega gold plated, they are beautiful but still an aluminum host.

The 2AA "real gold" along with earlier maglites in general had a rolled bezel, not laser etched. This light does not have either.

Happy Hunting!

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting! A while back I saw a sterling silver Solitaire on ebay in the UK. After a long back and forth with the seller I found out that it was a host actually made by a jeweler for a wealthy Maglite owner in the early 90s. IIRC they wanted around $300 USD for it and I didn't pop on it. I'm wondering if this is sort of the same thing. Either a talented machinist or an owner with a lot of money had a light custom made.

I LOVE Maglite mysteries. There aren't too many of them left but this I would say is one of them along with Merrimac's 4AA Mini Mag. I have some good contacts with a couple Mag employees from the early days and even they are missing some pieces here and there.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
onlmv
H0iaWPl
H0iaWPl.jpg

Found this Mini Maglite AA on the internet. Part# ML3PW-BRK.
Normally part numbers starts with M2... but here it starts with ML...? :thinking:

sizzlechest

Enlightened
How about this original minimag security store display case! Something different! What better light to "secure" a couple "holy grail"! Brand new condition and dated 1988.

2zdq928.jpg

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about this original minimag security store display case! Something different! What better light to "secure" a couple "holy grail"! Brand new condition and dated 1988.

2zdq928.jpg

Happy Hunting!

:wow: did you find these recently?

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast

Happy Hunting!

Very cool!! Where did you end up picking up the display from? Must have a pretty good story behind it!

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Very cool!! Where did you end up picking up the display from? Must have a pretty good story behind it!

This was boxed up as new since mid 1980's. I have owned since around 2006 and never got around to posting a photo of it.....It was never used so brand new in the box all these years.

Actually, your inquiry into my collection got me opening up the many many boxes of flashlights that have accumulated through the years....In the "true spirit of CPF" I was pretty addicted to the hunt....I've been on the wagon for a few years and need to try and steer clear of this site or risk my wallet demise.

Crumbly

Newly Enlightened
2772429D-65F6-42FB-83B2-09D135516934_zpsu5qvyukq.jpg

Pulled all my mini maglites out for an updated photo then put them all back again, a few double ups and one brinkman.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that is one heck of a collection!!! I heard they did those TRD Toyota ones in a 3D version too. I remember seeing one a while back and I've been on the hunt for one for a while.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Wow, that is one heck of a collection!!! I heard they did those TRD Toyota ones in a 3D version too. I remember seeing one a while back and I've been on the hunt for one for a while.

They are real lights you can touch... so they are all 3d man!

Yates

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! What a wonderful collection.

Are these frames custom built?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Thanks! What a wonderful collection.

Are these frames custom built?

Yeah. Mahogany with wenge inserts on the outside corners (not visible). They are very nice when cleaned up, hit with some polish, and shown in proper lighting.

If people are interested I could post dimensions.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Free item alert

Doing some spring cleaning.

Free to a good home:
(2) hot pink incan minimag
(1) blue incan minimag

Need to:
1. claim the offer clearly
2. ship ME a prepaid box with label inside (or whatever... I could download) that I can drop open, insert lights, apply label, and place in mail box.

Edit: gone.

Last edited: