thank you!

zephyr11

Newly Enlightened
@jonwkng

those seem to be sold out everywhere.

@mellowhead

i checked those don't seem to be AAA

sidenote;

the Mcgizmo Sapphire looks too sweet! but they do only have a constant 5 lumen.

zephyr11

Newly Enlightened
@jabe1

have a eiger coming in, in copper, would like to try something else.

@gunga

don't think there's any still in stock right?

zephyr11

Newly Enlightened
anyone has experience with the Klarus MiX6 Ti.

looks like THE one, though i still have a soft spot for the sapphire and the mako...

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the Klarus Mi10 which was the aluminum 3 mode version. I used it for over 3 years on my keychain with no problems.
anyone has experience with the Klarus MiX6 Ti.

looks like THE one, though i still have a soft spot for the sapphire and the mako...

buds224

Enlightened
DQG Titanium. I have one on around my neck on a lanyard. Compatible with 10440 li-ion and AAA.

***Scratch that, noticed both CW and NW are both sold out. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:

mcorp

Enlightened
Might wanna try the McGizmo Sapphire. No two modes though but definitely waterproof :)

zephyr11

Newly Enlightened
@FlashKat

thanks for the feedback!

@mcorp

do you have the sapphire? if you do how do you like it?

Jdubs

Newly Enlightened
I like my Klarus MiX6 lights. Very nice construction and has smooth, clean lines. The Ti version weighs hardly anything on my keychain, and shows very little wear from banging against other keychain items. It is 12 grams on my postal scale, including the little split ring. The gold plated SS version is 16 grams. I run 10440 with good results - way brighter and with nice spacing between modes. Klarus probably wouldn't recommend the 10440 though...

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I like my Klarus MiX6 lights. Very nice construction and has smooth, clean lines. The Ti version weighs hardly anything on my keychain, and shows very little wear from banging against other keychain items. It is 12 grams on my postal scale, including the little split ring. The gold plated SS version is 16 grams. I run 10440 with good results - way brighter and with nice spacing between modes. Klarus probably wouldn't recommend the 10440 though...

Yeah, mine pumps out over 300 lumens on a 10440, so, its worth it. :D

Plan C:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?383840-Grails-for-Sale

:D

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't make contact with my unprotected 10440 cell. What are you using? Thank you.

As noted, the Klarus ti is very light. The modes are well spaced and the beam is floody.

The Preon AO ti was a limited edition. The regular ss version is very light - not much of a weight savings - and the brushed finish does a good job of hiding scratches.

Last edited:

zephyr11

Newly Enlightened
bit the bullet and ordered the Klarus, don't think anything can beat that for value, $60 for a Ti AAA.

thanks for all the comments, will update once i get it!

Jdubs

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't make contact with my unprotected 10440 cell. What are you using? Thank you.

I'm using some blue shrink wrapped 10440 cells that I bought from DX a few years ago. They don't work in the light without modification, which consisted of trimming off some of the shrink wrap at the top of the cell. I didn't entirely remove the wrap, mostly just shaved it down. There's a plastic insulator ring that I believe is held in place by the shrink wrap, and I didn't want that to fall off.