AAA travel charger

KiWil

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a compact travel charger that can charge 1 (or 1-2) aaa battery at a time. I am more concerned with size than features. Preferably usb (micro usb) powered. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a compact travel charger that can charge 1 (or 1-2) aaa battery at a time. I am more concerned with size than features. Preferably usb (micro usb) powered. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Well, there was one that was ideal for your situation but its no longer made. It was a Sanyo NC-MDU01. They went for around $15 to $17 with a couple of Eneloop AAA's. Google it to take a look. Another good small charger was the NC-MDR02NU but that is AC. Those are the two Ni-MH chargers I travel with. Those two aren't made anymore but if can snag one, go for it. I recently found the NC-MDR02NU and was able to buy one, but I think the NC-MDU01 will be harder to come by.

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
Switch to 10440 and buy this one: http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=2056

I bought the DQG AAA, died on me almost instantly. I only use the tube of the light now. But it is the perfect 10440 backup cell holder+charger.

Edit: I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but might be a nice idea for your usage.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your going to have a micro-USB charger with you anyways for charging other things you should check out the XTAR XP1. Very small and portable. Can do NiMH AA/AAA and also LiIon 10440 through 18500 size. 250 and 500mA selectable charge rates.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your going to have a micro-USB charger with you anyways for charging other things you should check out the XTAR XP1. Very small and portable. Can do NiMH AA/AAA and also LiIon 10440 through 18500 size. 250 and 500mA selectable charge rates.

I like my XP1, but it's slow on NiMH and it may, or may not, miss termination even though the batteries get toasty.

On li-ion cells, it's the cat's meow if you only need to charge 14500s and smaller.

Chris

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Intersting - never had a problem with NiMH. I charge the AAA at 250mA and the AA at 500mAh. I don't recall the cells ever getting close to "toasty".

I looked up HKJs review of the charger (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?370096-Review-of-Charger-Xtar-XP1) and he does agree with some termination issues.

It's not my regular charger, but a good all around one when I travel.

I like mine, but I've now had two of them and both acted similarly with NiMH batteries. I have no qualms using it, it's just slow, even with an Apple 12w OEM block and sometimes I've gone hours before the light went green, when half that time might be expected.

Chris

Kouryu

Newly Enlightened
I'd go with the Panasonic BQ-CC14 or Sanyo NC-MDU01.... both the same thing
it'll charge either AA or AAA, via USB

you can find them on ebay