absolutely the smallest LED flashlight?

Magnumpy

Newly Enlightened
I need something like this for tiny applications. I'm talking extremely small, like smaller than an ARC-AAA or EIGER 10180. button cells are ok, it doesn't have to be very long running just very, very small. less than 1" would be nice and I don't mind having to use tweezers to operate it. recommendations please?

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
look at streamlight nano- almost as bright single nichia as a single nichia AAA arc or peak- but waaaayyyy smaller- also photon pro- decent brightness and runtime with 2016/2032 lithium coin cells.

Last edited:

toolpig1

Enlightened
+1 on the Streamlight Nano. Recently bought a few as gifts from fox-intl, cost $5 and change each.

Came back and viewed HKJ's roundup....what a seriously nice job!

Last edited:

gollum

Enlightened
A long time ago I made a roundup of small lights.

still very much up to date though :twothumbs
and HKJ does the best reviews :cool:

my edc favourites are

Draco for keychain...190lumens and H/M/L modes
Lummis Wee is also tiny and very useful

and the Deal extreme, 10 for $4.57 fauxton lights are so good for attaching on zippers backpacks gifts and leaving by any door etc...
I think I have bought about 60 so far ...they are mostly gifted to friends
one has even saved a guys life in a flood
he said it worked for 2 hrs in the water.
I gave him a new one and said I hope you don't ever need it as much as the other one. :twothumbs

Misan

Newly Enlightened
Look at NITECORE EZ CR2.
Dimension: 63mm (length) x 7.5mm (diameter).
Weight: 20grams (without battery).
I liked it very much, almost a keychain.

residue

Newly Enlightened
i don't understand the application but, as zeruel pointed out almost a year ago, the abitax is tiny. it won't last long or light up much but it does meet the stated requirements. i have one attached to a zipper but it usually just hangs there.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
You remembered what I said a year ago?! :faint:

Yes, Abitax (a Japanese brand) is very small and nicely designed. I'm still on my first button cell, not that I use it a lot.

Shown here with the red button. X-Light is behind it.
smalledcs.jpg

Magnumpy

Newly Enlightened
i don't understand the application

this is for a hamster cage I'm building that will be done up like a dollhouse with miniature furniture and things. I want to make everything as fully functional as possible: windows that open, lights that turn on, etc. this will mostly be done for novelty purposes but the little flashlight (for the utility closet) will actually serve a practical purpose in case the power goes out or they get into any hamster mischief.

that's a very nice roundup HKJ. I need to get the sense of scale correct, even though the hamsters wouldn't actually be using the light (or would they?) it should at least appear possible. I think the 'La Petite Killer' would be appropriate if I remove the keyring. I also want to have another smaller hamster cage within the hamster cage, obviously containing furniture with more limited functionality and no live hamsters, but I should be able to make a simple toy prop flashlight at 1/500 scale and paint the tip with a little GITD paint for that. I might even do an even smaller hamster cage within that cage, but this would just have to be a box with a tiny design painted on to give the illusion that the hamsters own hamsters that own hamsters.

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
The Thrunite Tikey maybe. I tend to prefer 2x123 flashlights, so I don't know much about tiny lights. The Quark 123² is as small as I need, but you gotta love the diversity of flashlights to meet just about any possible application.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is for a hamster cage I'm building that will be done up like a dollhouse with miniature furniture and things. I want to make everything as fully functional as possible: windows that open, lights that turn on, etc. this will mostly be done for novelty purposes but the little flashlight (for the utility closet) will actually serve a practical purpose in case the power goes out or they get into any hamster mischief.

that's a very nice roundup HKJ. I need to get the sense of scale correct, even though the hamsters wouldn't actually be using the light (or would they?) it should at least appear possible. I think the 'La Petite Killer' would be appropriate if I remove the keyring. I also want to have another smaller hamster cage within the hamster cage, obviously containing furniture with more limited functionality and no live hamsters, but I should be able to make a simple toy prop flashlight at 1/500 scale and paint the tip with a little GITD paint for that. I might even do an even smaller hamster cage within that cage, but this would just have to be a box with a tiny design painted on to give the illusion that the hamsters own hamsters that own hamsters.

You do not need a flashlight you need model train stuff for your application,make that small as you like and you can get to control it from where ever you want,take a look at that massive train set in Germany that cost millions to build.

www.miniatur-wunderland.com

Grey Wolf

Newly Enlightened

Yes, Abitax (a Japanese brand) is very small and nicely designed. I'm still on my first button cell, not that I use it a lot.

smalledcs.jpg
Great collection! What's the brand on the left? And the third one? Look very cute.

MKLight

Enlightened

smalledcs.jpg

The lights are the Ti-Fli, Lummi Wee, Peak LED Solutions Eiger 10180 w/ a Wide Beam Head, Lummi Raw Al, red button light, and Photon X-Light.

Zeruel - how does the Eiger compare to the Wee in regards to beam shape? Also, which power level did you choose?

Thanks,
MK