AccuPower IQ-328 AA/AAA Charger -- Nice... and Smart!!

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
Personally , I don't like charging AA cells over 700ma
I've had no major heat issues with 4 AA at 700ma, they do get warm but that is part of the termination of decent NiMh chargers.

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Well I just mine, looks a lot better constructed that I'd imagined and its also a lot smaller so I can easily belive the heat issues!

I'll be chargeing at a measly 0.28c (700ma) (Well below the minimum 0.5c recommended) but its not like have any other options currently.

Is there any charger than can handle 1c charging (upto 3A (3000ma)) and also charge well as although the BC9000 or whatever it is charges faster even it has issues.

Is there a charged that just works perfectly, disregarding price? Without using a hobbycharger and if not why has no one released one?

Anyways I'm hoping to get into lithiuam in the new year.

greeny1

Newly Enlightened
I've been using this extensively for the last year using primarily standard eneloop (1900mah) and some 7dayshop 2250mah cells. If charging 4 cells at once I have always used the 700ma setting and have had zero missed terminations and although the cells get warm certainly nothing to be concerned about. I have also charged a few at 1000ma when I have had just one or two cells to charge and this has also worked great. I haven't really tested 4 * 1000ma as I don't usually have an issue with waiting 3 hours for a full charge.

I use the 500ma setting for AAA and this works well.

For the price I am more than happy with this charger, does everything that I hoped it would.

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Yhea for the price and functions I ain't gonna complain, much better than I expected it to be build wise, nice thick plastic ect. For £24 hard pushed to beat it!

You know what I like? I gave my FIL a 2xaa light with eneloops, and I told him to drop off the used ones anytime and get new ones from the stash. So, last night he said he said he swapped out the batts, and I found 3 aa's waiting for me there :wtf:. No prob, I popped them all into the IQ-328, and it quickly became apparent which ones were more depleted, but I let them all just terminate on their own. Having 4 independent channels is great!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am uncertain whether these are "clones" as such. I think it more likely that
i contacted a distributor of the IQ328 and upon inquiry he leaked the info of who the original maker behind the product is. so i have the name, company and all other details but i don't see any need to disclose it lame i know lol.

just this for now.

it is 100% not AccuPower themselves.

hope this helps. nosey. lol.
:nana:

Last edited:

Choccy

Newly Enlightened
I've just come back to this thread to ask a question and have most of the answer but need a little more advice.

Just got the IQ328 a week or so ago and some 2500 Vapextech LSD's. I've been running a refresh and test on them at 1000/500 but would like to drop this to 700/350.

My question is does the first measurement for the refresh come from the first discharge, if so would it be good to charge batteries on my Ansmann Energy 4 then do a 200 charge on the IQ328 to get the batteries to their max, then rest them for 1 hour before starting the refresh cycle.

Also how much does the thermal cut out affect batteries on the 1000 cycle as my batteries never seem to get hot like the do in the Ansmann charger.

Oh and hi all..........

Choccy...

Choccy

Newly Enlightened
That's interesting. But I think you'll find that if you repeat the 4 x 1 A more than once you will get a different number of pauses at different times. Also I'm betting that if you run the 4 x 1 A with the fan cooling it then it won't pause at all.

I had mine charging at 1.0A with a pause as described with a display of 000 but mine was on an open window with an outside temp of 2C and the batteries felt quite cold.

Choccy...

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Yhea same, batterys are not getting beyond warm leading me to think it would be ok, yet, it clearly cuts out as people have stated, so I think of the charged gets to hot it cuts out not just the battery temp, same really with better cooling it could be a really neat charger.

Takes forever to discharge 2500's on a 350 setting ahh! Shame I can't use the 1000/500 boo hoo!

tony_roti

Newly Enlightened

I just ordered one on 11/27/2013. Today I saw that they changed the order status "One or more of your items are temporarily out of stock". Another wait for restocking.:tired:

Looks good on specs. 6 mode for choice: Charge, Discharge, Refresh, Repair, Timer and Test Capacity.

US $28.76 here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...ttery-charger-with-LCD-display/897983029.html

Last edited:

austinios

Newly Enlightened
This may be the older model of the BM100. I would rather you buy the La Crosse BC700 from Amazon, if possible.

viperxp

Enlightened
Hello, If you are into buying clone I would suggest googling or BC1000 charger. Looks like hybrid between the MAHA and Lacrosse. It also has a "quck test" feature that test internal resistance of batteries.

Last edited:

austinios

Newly Enlightened
The BC1000 seems to be the rebranded version of the BM200. It was released around Jun 2013. It seems to me, the BMXXX series are very experimental. They look like design prototypes, that are of reasonable functionality, 1 time volume build and that's it. That's why their model numbers roll quite fast, with some fixes or improvements with each revision. Either the BMXXX designers are releasing the final market version as BC1000, or another company is purchasing the BMXXX and marketing it as a BC1000. If 1A charging is not a big thing for the user, I'd save some USD10-15 getting the LaCrosse BC700 from Amazon. If 1A charging is big for you, spend about USD10-15 more for the Maha C9000.

viperxp

Enlightened
The BC1000 seems to be the rebranded version of the BM200. It was released around Jun 2013. It seems to me, the BMXXX series are very experimental. They look like design prototypes, that are of reasonable functionality, 1 time volume build and that's it. That's why their model numbers roll quite fast, with some fixes or improvements with each revision. Either the BMXXX designers are releasing the final market version as BC1000, or another company is purchasing the BMXXX and marketing it as a BC1000. If 1A charging is not a big thing for the user, I'd save some USD10-15 getting the LaCrosse BC700 from Amazon. If 1A charging is big for you, spend about USD10-15 more for the Maha C9000.

The differences are not only at the charging current, you know....

tripplec

Enlightened
I bite the bullet and ordered one today from Amazon US since it so much cheaper there than anything I can get in Canada or eBay. I have someone coming at a Christmas to bring it with them. Amazon.ca is totally useless I must add. This will complement the Nitecore I4 which works very well.

tony_roti

Newly Enlightened
It's been a couple of days since my DX Inteligent charger clone has arrived.
DX_ICarger_01.jpg

DX_ICarger_02.jpg

Looks like a clone of BM100 series but a new one with nice blue backlight function.
DX_ICarger_03.jpg

The backlight automatically turns off after 15s if no key is pressed. It has 4 independent channels that can be programmed separately. Works fine. My last charger GP PowerBank Smart 2 did not want to charge those GP cells anymore but this charger does.
DX_ICarger_04.jpg

I saw a little bug (or not). On capacity test, after discharging is finished, instead of charging the cells (like they say in the user manual), the charger stops and do nothing. :confused:
Warms up a little (a lot) if charging current is bigger than 700mA. I opened mine to look for a serial # inside but did not find anything. I think it's a f...cking cheap chinese clone.
There is another big circuit on the other side of the board that controls the LCD (I think).
DX_ICarger_05.jpg

After all it's working very well and i'm very pleased with it. For that price (USD$ 31,90) you cannot find something better.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

tripplec

Enlightened
I have used mine twice.
1st with AA Eneloop @700mA charging a pair. It finish very warm, some might say hot. I did not like that.
2nd the other day with one AAA @200mA default rate and it finished warm. I noted the display saying 1.52V before I removed it. It was higher while charging.

I am certain its over charging the batteries. There I no warranty information in the package. I got it at Christmas so time is short. My I4 Nitecore charger did these batteries just fine.

PS What is wrong with this board. I cannot type fast as characters are omitted as well as spaces. I am using IE 11. This is the only board that does this. Somethings wrong here!!!