Acebeam K60 (1xXHP70, 4x18650) Review

ven

Flashaholic
So where as the tm16gt is like direct drive in turbo, the k60 is regulated..........

Not tried any cells other than high drain, these should allow longer use in the high mode due to less voltage sag. Where for example bellow 4v, standard cells may struggle maintaining the max output, IMR/INR should sustain it for a bit longer...............if makes sense.

Not sure how hard its driven, i do remember vinh saying he could not drive it any harder as it is already pretty much maxed out in that department. Only real benefits are de-dome/shaved dome to get more throw and maybe reduce the K by 500 or so.

Will guess at 5a ish maybe close to 6a, that again is just a guess.............

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do we know the voltage at emitter ?

The cells are in series, I believe the emitter is driven at 12V, in this case the current per cell is around 2500-3000 mAh at max output.

I believe this also because of your measurements, there are no difference between high drain cells and protected cells, runtime time and power is the same (not like Nitecore TM16 where good high drain cells provide more power comparing with protected cells).

The XHP emitter used in the light is 6V and 7A on max. output is the emitter draw from the manufacturer. We get appro. 49~50 LED watts. It means the current per cell would be 50/(3.7x4ea=3.4A). The current draw will be around 4A when the cells are nearly empty. This is acceptable for about newer 18650 cells, but for long cell life, high current cell rated for 8~10A would be better. However this is hardly high current these days. ;)

ven

Flashaholic
Thats impressive 7a from a manufacturer :) I know vinh could not really drive harder and no need really at best part of 5000lm from a single xhp70.

Awesome light, defo one of my all time fav lights, does not throw the furthest, does not have as much spill as others, the mix is just perfect and stand by one of the best beams i have experienced.............

Thanks for the info candle lamp:cool:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats impressive 7a from a manufacturer :) I know vinh could not really drive harder and no need really at best part of 5000lm from a single xhp70.

Awesome light, defo one of my all time fav lights, does not throw the furthest, does not have as much spill as others, the mix is just perfect and stand by one of the best beams i have experienced.............

Thanks for the info candle lamp:cool:

I agree with and do like what you mention. :)

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Thank you both for good info.

I'm totally agreed that is an awesome light (I like it like in the first day), high end finishes and huge amount of light.
Even if I have the possibility to de-dome the led, I will not do this, I like a lot the huge high intensity beam at long distance, of course, is my preference.

Last edited:

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so my Fenix TK41 was due for an upgrade :) and I've gone and ordered a K60... I already have 4 Nitecore NL86 protected 2600mah cells, will these power the K60 on Turbo?

Mike

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so my Fenix TK41 was due for an upgrade :) and I've gone and ordered a K60... I already have 4 Nitecore NL86 protected 2600mah cells, will these power the K60 on Turbo?

Mike

Nitecore 18650 (2600mAh) protected is OK, if they use one of Panasonic, Sanyo, Samsung and LG's quality good cells.

ven

Flashaholic
I dont know how long they would power turbo tbh, they will probably be sanyo if 2600mah(good cells, but not really high A). My advice would be to invest in some 10a 3500mah LG/Sanyo or Samsung 30Q, these will allow longer run time in turbo when the voltage drops down a bit.......Just imo:)

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore 18650 (2600mAh) protected is OK, if they use one of Panasonic, Sanyo, Samsung and LG's quality good cells.

I dont know how long they would power turbo tbh, they will probably be sanyo if 2600mah(good cells, but not really high A). My advice would be to invest in some 10a 3500mah LG/Sanyo or Samsung 30Q, these will allow longer run time in turbo when the voltage drops down a bit.......Just imo:)

Cheers guys, at least they will do to be going on with, would prefer to keep using protected cells, as they will be charged indoors etc. Just had email to say it's been dispatched, so am happy :)

Mike

ven

Flashaholic
Its an awesome light and defo up there as a fav, just does everything and a bit more for me.

When ready go for some higher drain cells to get the best out of the light, sure you can get protected 10a 3500mah cells if thats the way you want to go. With IMR/INR cells, there are plenty of warnings like not holding higher modes and dropping down to warn you the voltage is getting low. I learn the light, run it for 30mins, an hour even and check voltage(no need to do in one hit, maybe over a couple of days ) to get an idea of how much use leaves how much V. Then use this and take from there..........These days i rarely use protected cells as find no need. Do understand why some prefer to use protected, but if they keep tripping from being drained to low(maybe bellow 2.7v or 2.5v) then it may not be the ideal chemistry for the user. Even lights that wont power on have registered 3v a while back.......

MrZelly

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the battery cage for the K60 is the same as for the K50v3. My nitecore NL189's (3400Ah protected) are too long for the K50v3 cage.

ven

Flashaholic
I wonder if the battery cage for the K60 is the same as for the K50v3. My nitecore NL189's (3400Ah protected) are too long for the K50v3 cage.

Cant speak for the k50, just put an xtar 3400 protected cell in the k60 carrier issue free(same pany B inside), so should be good for 70mm cells(that's with the carrier spring mod too which does give a little more restriction).

MrZelly

Newly Enlightened
Cant speak for the k50, just put an xtar 3400 protected cell in the k60 carrier issue free(same pany B inside), so should be good for 70mm cells(that's with the carrier spring mod too which does give a little more restriction).

Hey Ven, will send PM as to not derail this.

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Ven, will bear that in mind. Could you recommend any decent 10a drain cells, from a reputable supplier?

Mike

ven

Flashaholic
10a 3500 are LG or Sanyo
I have Samsung 30Q in mine right now which are 15a and 3000mah

If states look at going gear/ illumn supply/mtn electronics

Uk side I use ecoluxshop on eBay , great guy to deal with called Norb .

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Since the XHP70 is actually 4 emitters in a cluster. The space between them leaves a cross X of no light. This is evident in the beam as an artifact. The OP reflector mitigates some of this effect.

Yes and the de-dome helps even more so on vinhs:)