• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

Ah ok, you probably get them cheaper than going rate. I thought you had mentioned they are becoming difficult to source and you may have to pay more, but maybe your not too worried about sourcing cheaper :)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I originally had these for $275. If I had to get them at $260 then the $15 extra wouldn't cover labor, risk/warranty, shipping and all that. :p

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

There was a stock sample that measured 2.6mcd? No. That sample measured 1.85Mcd at turn On Stock.
maybe this is close to max which is why you couldn't boost. And all others that shine further just has a better focus?

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

now im worried mine wont boost when i send it to you

I hope you don't have the same bad luck I did, hopefully yours gets well into the 2M cd range! Let's hope mine was an extremely rare anomaly. Eagerly awaiting more boost results! :popcorn:

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

Maybe keeping track of serial numbers could possibly give some insight into any variations in the manufacturing tolerances, stock beam focus/throw and responsiveness to boost.

SKV89

Enlightened

Vinh have you tested a HI CRI version? I'll send my HI CRI in to you once I receive it and test it. How much do you charge for the W30 modding service?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh have you tested a HI CRI version? Not yet
I'll send my HI CRI in to you once I receive it and test it. How much do you charge for the W30 modding service? Yes please email me

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's worth noting that a lot of listings for the W30 that show a projected ship date are going off of old, outdated information from Acebeam. Sounds like things are changing in regards to availability
I spoke to the seller for that listing and she said she's on backorder and struggling to fulfill

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

I spoke to the seller for that listing and she said she's on backorder and struggling to fulfill Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
They're actually the seller I got mine through, but on Amazon. They were one of the very few that had any in stock, ready to ship at the time. I'm really hoping Acebeam and other manufacturers continue to develop this tech for the commercial/enthusiast market. I'd hate to see it become a large order/contract only kind of thing.

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's amazing the following this light is getting!

Rasher

Enlightened

It's amazing the following this light is getting!

I'm not so sure all that many are getting sold - we have a warped worldview in light forums.

It's just such a limited use piece (ideal for finding harbor markers in the dark for example) that's pretty useless for what most serious thrower users need (SAR for example) that I don't see a market beyond lightsaber enthusiasts (I'm one myself).

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awwww yeah, getting something from our boy vinh - hoping its juicy millionz of candela!:D

SKV89

Enlightened

That's not good to hear. I just received my HI CRI at first and it measures only 228 lumens at 1s w/ both stock Acebeam battery and Samsung 40T
sad.png
Lumen output is the same w/ and w/o glass lens, which means the glass lens is very high quality.

Took some photometric measurements:
At beam center
CCT: 16255K
DUV: 0.0045
Ra (CRI): 85.7
R9: 36.9
Rf: 76
Rg: 89

At outer hotspot:
CCT: 2077K
DUV: -0.0099
Ra (CRI): 85.5
R9: 23.8
Rf: 78
Rg: 104

Will send it to Vinh. Hope he can boost it some.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

How is the tint. I heard some said its good and some said its **** yellow....

Rasher

Enlightened

It's rosy yellow/white to my eyes.

I certainly would not call it a "good" tint - were it an led flashlight I'd bought unseen, I'd be unhappy. And that's from someone that has some 3500K lights that are silly warm color, but I like them.

It's usable, but the CRI does not seem all that great to my eyes (I've got many LED that crush it in that dept.) and the throw penalty is just not worth it IMO: the white is good enough and throws better. Who is going to be critical about how a flower bunch looks at 1200m anyway...

SKV89

Enlightened

It has the biggest tint shift I have ever seen. There is an ultra CW hole at the center of the hotspot measured at 16000K to 20000K with a positive DUV. The corona is very warm and rosy with a very negative DUV. I actually like the warm rosy tint around the corona and wish it was consistent like that in the entire hotspot. The W30 4000K is known to be **** yellow not the W30 HI CRI version, which is generally very rosy except the CW hole in the hotspot.

For those who don't understand what DUV is, positive means tint is above the Black Body Locus (BBL) line which is more yellowish/greenish. Negative DUV means below the BBL, which is more rosy/pink. The BBL line is shown in the graph below. Most people prefer negative DUV like the 219B 4500K 9080, which has a rosy tint.

The-CIE-1931-chromaticity-diagram-The-horseshoe-boundary-called-the-spectrum-locus.png

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Something doesn't sound right for it to have such dramatic CCT shift.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

3 more just came in. I am excited to see the results

Latest posts