• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Zunkted

Newly Enlightened
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

2.85Mcd

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do we know what kinda led and laser is in there? You said your just giving a small current boost but I wonder if it still can be driven a lot harder? Is it possible to throw a xplhi, xhp35hi, or any other emitter for more lumens?

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wonderful! Thanks for all you bring to the forum Vinh! I appreciate your generosity!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish it was mine. But I messed up the aspheric lens on mine. It wasn't actually dirty. It's just molding defects in the lens. The light going through is so bright that any and every defect is basically magnified 10 fold. I didn't realize this and so I tried to clean it. Extremely bad idea. I removed the ar coating on both sides and it now has a ton of scratches. However throw only dropped from 1.98m cd to 1.79m cd. Could of been worse. The good new is illumination supply ordered a new aspheric lens for me. So once I get that I'll send my W30 to Vinh.

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened

I wish it was mine. But I messed up the aspheric lens on mine. It wasn't actually dirty. It's just molding defects in the lens. The light going through is so bright that any and every defect is basically magnified 10 fold. I didn't realize this and so I tried to clean it. Extremely bad idea. I removed the ar coating on both sides and it now has a ton of scratches. However throw only dropped from 1.98m cd to 1.79m cd. Could of been worse. The good new is illumination supply ordered a new aspheric lens for me. So once I get that I'll send my W30 to Vinh.

Dang Alex I hope you can get it Back to 1.98Mcd!!! If you can it will be up there in the 2.5-2.7Mcd range. Mine is 2.2Mcd I'm excited, it's on its way with Heat tread bezel and V54 engraving!!!

Rasher

Enlightened

... It wasn't actually dirty. It's just molding defects in the lens. The light going through is so bright that any and every defect is basically magnified 10 fold. I didn't realize this and so I tried to clean it. Extremely bad idea.
I warned you... glad you are able to get a lens replacement easily.

Patriot

Flashaholic

i can never leave well enough alone. iv always been that way. Its ok though

I kind of wish the lens were glass. I not sure what that would translate into performance wise but having some knowledge of optical instruments, I realize there would be some measure of improvement.

Perhaps someone can give the specifications in order to find an optical glass replacement. If Vinh had them, he could charge additional for the replacement during his mod. I thinner UCL lens should be available too, for those not interested in the dive rating.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Acrylic can be made to be equally as clear as glass.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Acrylic can be made to be equally as clear as glass.

Yes, they're quite good today but the best optical glasses still exceed the light transmission of the best acrylics, in some cases, more than double. Transmission is just one of the reasons that companies like, Leica, Zeiss, Swarovski, Nikon, Kowa, and virtually every astronomical telescope manufacturer, still use internal glass optics.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

W30 are getting harder and harder to get. Just ordered 2 more from a 3rd supplier at $45 more than original. Trying to get as many as I can...There is a chance that after all the pendings orders are filled I can no longer get more...