• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

How many samples do you have? Are these from customers sending in their own lights? DId you happpen to check the 4th sample stock kcd?
it would be nice to know each sample stock and then modded kcd.

Rasher

Enlightened

I can't say I'd be too surprised if they were discontinuing it. LEP flashlights are such a new tech that they're probably rapidly improving the designs and hosts for them.
It's been around long enough (over half a decade), and so basic in operation, I doubt there's much design improvement left in there, barring some phosphor breakthrough that probably would apply to LED as well.

More likely that these are poor sellers: other than the advantages for extreme throw via small emission size (a pretty small slice of the market) and perhaps efficiency, LEP provides no significant advantage to existing LED hand-held lights. Add its considerable cost disadvantage and I don't see it ever being a big sales cow for general hand-held lighting.

I won't be surprised if none of the mainstream vendors have LEP options some years down the road. I expect it will be seen in very specialized, serious throw, expensive pieces, like the $5k microfire.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

How many samples do you have? 4. 3 ordered new for customers early on. 1 from a customer.
DId you happpen to check the 4th sample stock kcd? Yes 1.7Mcd

it would be nice to know each sample stock and then modded kcd.

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened

It's been around long enough (over half a decade), and so basic in operation, I doubt there's much design improvement left in there, barring some phosphor breakthrough that probably would apply to LED as well.

More likely that these are poor sellers: other than the advantages for extreme throw via small emission size (a pretty small slice of the market) and perhaps efficiency, LEP provides no significant advantage to existing LED hand-held lights. Add its considerable cost disadvantage and I don't see it ever being a big sales cow for general hand-held lighting.

I won't be surprised if none of the mainstream vendors have LEP options some years down the road. I expect it will be seen in very specialized, serious throw, expensive pieces, like the $5k microfire.

The LEP in these flashlight is analogous to a 5mm 2 lumen LED diode from the '80s. Just as the micro processors in our phones have shrunk and now combine multiple functions all in the same chip, that's LEPs future. It's what SLDlaser is doing with their SMD tech. The laser, micrometer sized combined with the phosphor printed side-by-side on silicone or some layered one dimensional meta-material etc.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

W30 bottom Maxtoch L2K Top. the trees are 450 feet away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Another Customer's W30 just came in.

Measured 1.73Mcd @ Turn ON

Guess what it will be after boost @ Turn ON ;-)

Whoever is closest gets $20 Gift Certificate ;-)

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

2.9Mcd. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

HINT: 584Lumen at Turn ON

If you want to revise your guess you may do it once!

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wowza... Updated :)

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice guess Matt - I should have aimed higher.