Actual HDS Updates... NOT from Shorty

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are only 10 of the NB45 lights left. We are not getting any more of this emitter so if you have been on the fence...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another "Heads Up".

Found 4 300 lumen L5D2V4 emitters. These are the limited edition 4000k emitters.

Only have 4. Thought we were out but Henry seemed to have squirreled a few away. They are now up on the Custom Page. Again, these won't be back.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unique Titanium is closing the doors. If you want to purchase whatever legacy spare parts you will want to do so before they turn off the web site. They have legacy bezels (titanium and aluminum) and legacy reflectors for the old 24-TPI V-thread flashlights. He also has sleeve springs for the old 32-TPI V-thread flashlights that include the EDC Basic, EDC Ultimate, Novatac and EDC Classic.

https://uniquetitanium.com

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=&quot]Limited Material Run Flash Sale!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have 18 bare unanodized Rotary/Tactical lights ready to be built how you wish. These are pure aluminum lights with no coating whatsoever. This is not a pre-sale, but will take about 5 weeks for us to build (maybe sooner) as they are more complicated to make (like the titanium/bronze/brass were). We won't be doing these again. Picture below is one of the actual lights. Even the bezel on these are aluminum and serial numbered 1-18. Emitter choice options are... we have 4 NB45 and 4 High Noons that can be used so if you want one of those... otherwise the other emitter options on the Custom Page are fine... just be quick if you want one of those other two. Probably want to be quick anyway as this really is a "Flash" sale.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There is a $103 premium on these because of the added labor and time as well as the rarity. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Going live soon on the Custom Page:

img-5142.jpg
[/FONT]

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry just called me and informed me that the computer at HDS is down. It will be down until probably mid next week (I do recall saying something earlier about Mr. Murphy). As such, any orders placed won't receive a confirmation notice until he gets the system back up. Thankfully, Henry keeps about 8 backups every day of the system. He also won't be able to respond to any emails until it is back up and running as well.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it seems like just yesterday that HDS ran out of 18650 Rotary tubes (if you happened to be in a coma for the last year)... but they should be back in stock before the end of the year.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the BeCu pre-sale happening today, we are NOT going to put the 3 new emitters we are testing as options... yet. Once they have been tested, then we will put that data out and send an email to everyone who orders a BeCu and they will have the option to change their emitter choice at that time.
Without having thoroughly tested these new emitters, we would rather have real data for them before offering them. If they do pass muster, again, you will be able to switch to one of them at a later time for your BeCu.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rotary and Tactical are getting an upgrade. We are moving from 6061 aluminum on the switch cap to 303 stainless steel like the bezel. Obviously the one in the picture is silver which will only be available for a limited time on new lights. They will then be military black nitride finish the same as the 303 stainless bezels in current production. Aluminum switch caps on the Rotary and Tactical will soon be no longe available (still just a few left).
Currently on the custom page, one can choose Stainless silver or black for the Rotary/Tactical tail, and black in aluminum if one so desires.
The decision to move to a stainless tail was simply to add some more robustness to the Rotary lights... and took some begging and pleading with Henry to make this happen. It did increase the cost $10 but adds even more bombproofness (if that is a word) to the light.
There will be a delay with the military black nitride by about 4 to 6 weeks, but the limited silver is ready to go... later this week.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
6 of the SS40 emitters are left for sale in standard aluminum lights.
If you have been on the fence or want a spare, you don't have much more time to think about it.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that keep track of such things, the 300 lumen heads are marked with a yellow ring on top of a red ring on the positive contact.

img-0470297.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The remaining BeCu will go on sale on Monday April 12 at noon Tucson time. There will be several of the limited edition emitters to go with these. I don't expect them to sell out in the first 5 minutes... but I have been wrong before.

Of all the special metal lights, my personal opinion is that these have turned out the best.

For the stainless steel, we hope to be shipping the pre-orders on Monday April 5th if everything goes well.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The custom page is being updated with soon to be available emitters... and when I say soon, I mean HDS soon... shorter than a Henry 2 weeks, but longer than what most people think of "soon" as. My hope is 1 month... which is soon if you are an elephant going to give birth with a 22 month gestation period. It is all relative.

These will be available to pick for the BeCu run-off sale, and also in the stainless run-off sale, after we get those stainless out the door, which has a very high probability of being in a week from today. A Hogo week, not a Henry week.

Amber will be added to that list later today and there is also a new emitter being offered: For those who like a lower temp, higher output, and broader beam pattern, there will be the SDV30

This (LIMITED) LED produces a calibrated 250 lumens. The beam pattern is somewhat wider than our normal beam patterns due to the larger emission area of this LED. The late-afternoon sunshine white output is around 3000°K. This LED has a high color rendering index (CRI) of 90, which allows it to render colors much more accurately than conventional white LEDs. Emitter: Samsung, LH351D, G, VP, P6.