• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ahorton's sales (Lenses, headlamps ...)

bjs55

Newly Enlightened
I'll take (3) 27.2mm Aspheric Lenses 3 - $16.67 each ($50 total)

thank you

BJS55

ahorton

Enlightened
Thanks. Paypal tells me that it will take a few days before your payment actually clears, so I'll probably be able to send them at the start of next week.

Let me know sometime what you make!

zilingz

Newly Enlightened
Thank you psychbeat for being so helpful!
As i see i can order XR-E R2 drop in from Nailbender and L2P body and 3-mode switch? Or i'm wrong?
That will be perfect to order most of the parts from one place if possible :thinking:

I think that i understand 80% of stuff what you are saying. Would it be difficult to you to make a few pictures and send it to me?
I will like to go through every step easy and properly because that's my first time to make moded flashlight :sweat:
Or if you have some link with pics that will do too.

ahorton

Enlightened
If you really want, I can put together a 1.05A or 1.4A XR-E dropin for an extra $25. That way you buy it all from the one place and it's easier for you to use.

All you'd need to do is open up the host and 'drop' the 'dropin' into the head. Then put an 18650 cell into it and fire it up.

I may even do up a batch of these since people often ask for them.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
theres no "3mode switch" just get a complete L2P - Head body and tailcap (has the clicky in it)

Most drop-ins change modes by turning the light on and off rapidly and memorize the last
mode they were in. for an Aspheric modes are kind of a bother since u almost always want high
or at least I do..

when u get the drop-in the brass part unscrews from the reflector which u can save
for switching bak n forth if u want or whatever

the brass part (pill) screws into the black spacer u get from Ahorton
that goes into the body of the light- u screw the head back on
then u remove the bezel n lens and drop the aspheric in and replace the bezel

it will make perfect sense when u have the parts its dumb to try and explain here
if you've never had a p60 type light before.

just read through my instructions once u get the stuff- oh yeah and there will be
a small ring spacer with the Ahorton kit that you wont use with the L2P

watch this youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBhHnit_j50

EDIT- oops Ash beat me to it
Just take him up on the xre offer ;)

Oh and watch the video

Last edited:

zilingz

Newly Enlightened
if I understand completely, everything needed can be ordered from you? L2P host + clickie, aspheric lens and dropin, right?
Or is it drop-in + aspheric lens together only? Sorry i am little :stupid:
Is that drop-in 3 mode (high,mid,low)?

Which one will be beter ( for brighter beam)- 1.05A or 1.4A XR-E dropin for that what i want? I would like that the lens is focused that way to get a 10% broader beam like that in yours picture in my ninth post.
And whether you're going to adjust the aspheric lens and glue it or I will do that by myself?

Now I'm confused myself :aaa:

psychbeat:

Thank you so much for being so helpful to me, now i understand so much more thanks to you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ahorton

Enlightened
I can only supply the (lens+spacers+brass pill+LED+driver) = dropin.

1.4A is brighter but generates more heat, eats more energy and is beyond the manufacturer spec.

One-mode only.

I won't glue the spacer on so you can adjust it as you like.

zilingz

Newly Enlightened
I can only supply the (lens+spacers+brass pill+LED+driver) = dropin.

1.4A is brighter but generates more heat, eats more energy and is beyond the manufacturer spec.

One-mode only.

I won't glue the spacer on so you can adjust it as you like.

That'l be alright with me, i'l take that dropin with 1.05A one mode and the rest of it.
Just tell me details (and exact amount in AUD) - is it enough to enter your email address into send payment in my paypal account?

ahorton

Enlightened
No problem.

The kit is normally $55 and I mentioned an extra $25 for the dropin, but $80 seems like too much. So I'll make it $70 instead (including postage).

All you need to do in Paypal is go to 'send money' and enter my email ([email protected]). I can probably have it in the mail by Monday.

ahorton

Enlightened
And received! - will post on Monday

Extra note: I suggest only using 18650s in your L2P. Using two CR123s will not be good for the driver. Also it will have a much shorter runtime.

Last edited:

zilingz

Newly Enlightened
Extra note: I suggest only using 18650s in your L2P. Using two CR123s will not be good for the driver. Also it will have a much shorter runtime.

That would not be a problem at all, i use only 18650s. What runtime can i expect?

ahorton

Enlightened
I use 2400mAh cells in my lights and get about 90-120 (depending on the particular LED) minutes at full brightness and then starts dropping down. As it drops down to a lower power level it usually lasts a few more hours (say 2-4) but it's not so much fun so I charge it up again. I prefer the semi-regulation that gives me a few more hours of light just incase I really need it in an emergency. I think this is better than having it go a full 2 hours and then stop suddenly (full regulation).

zilingz

Newly Enlightened
the brass part (pill) screws into the black spacer u get from Ahorton
that goes into the body of the light- u screw the head back on
then u remove the bezel n lens and drop the aspheric in and replace the bezel

Right now i'm ordering L2P body but before i'd like to ask you one more question:
whether i need this higher tactical bezel for protecting the lens or not?

productl_52.jpg

and you mentioned before some Oring below the bezel, is it some simple rubber ring for tightening the lens?
I have many rubber belts in diferent sizes from audio equipment which i can use in that case.

zilingz

Newly Enlightened
I use 2400mAh cells in my lights and get about 90-120 (depending on the particular LED) minutes at full brightness and then starts dropping down. As it drops down to a lower power level it usually lasts a few more hours (say 2-4) but it's not so much fun so I charge it up again. I prefer the semi-regulation that gives me a few more hours of light just incase I really need it in an emergency. I think this is better than having it go a full 2 hours and then stop suddenly (full regulation).

I'm using 2400mah mostly, that runtime is very good. And i always carry spare cells. My T10L Eagletac often leave me in totaly dark without any warning which is not pleasant sometimes :eek:oo:

Last edited:

ahorton

Enlightened
Thanks viking.

I'll have it in the mail on Monday. What host are you planning to use?

Zilingz, regarding the bezel: It's not necessary to have the bigger bezel, but it does offer extra protection. Many people don't worry about it but others are paranoid. The lens is very strong (14mm thick!). I've never broken one myself. Even if you get a scratch on it, you will have lost less than 1% of the intensity and flux.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to buy a few of these lenses. Anyone interested in a US group buy? I'll purchase, repackage, and resend for cost + $8.00. Most likely that would amount to $8.00 or $10.00 per lens plus $8.00 per order. Prepaid through Paypal.

ahorton

Enlightened
I'm going to buy a few of these lenses. Anyone interested in a US group buy? I'll purchase, repackage, and resend for cost + $8.00. Most likely that would amount to $8.00 or $10.00 per lens plus $8.00 per order. Prepaid through Paypal.

I always like to encourage group buys, so I've made a space at the bottom of the first post to keep track of interest.

Bonus offer! If the number of lenses sold in this group buy goes over 50 then I'll take 10% of the final price.