• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ahorton's sales (Lenses, headlamps ...)

RCantor

Enlightened
I'd be in for a kit or 2 in the US group buy.

Upsidedownviking I have a similar set up and I love it. Mine is 1.4A, L2x never gets hot. I wouldn't bother with that bezel unless you want to be able to hit someone with it. And since this is a thrower it shouldn't be your only light. You'll need something else to see where you're putting your feet. That's why I go for 1 mode, max brightness. When the battery runs out you replace it. I always have 1 spare for each light.

zilingz

Newly Enlightened
Zilingz, regarding the bezel: It's not necessary to have the bigger bezel, but it does offer extra protection. Many people don't worry about it but others are paranoid. The lens is very strong (14mm thick!). I've never broken one myself. Even if you get a scratch on it, you will have lost less than 1% of the intensity and flux.

I see, thanks for explanation. I was worried mostly about scratching because sometimes i carry the flashlight together with keys in my pocket and often leave the lamp vertically on table.

ahorton

Enlightened
I see, thanks for explanation. I was worried mostly about scratching because sometimes i carry the flashlight together with keys in my pocket and often leave the lamp vertically on table.

Unless your keys are made of diamond, glass or some ceramic, you'll have a hard time scratching the lens!

upsidedownviking

Newly Enlightened
Thanks viking.

I'll have it in the mail on Monday. What host are you planning to use?

Most likely a SF 6P, possibly an FM 26500/26650 or an Oveready with adapter, plan to go through my parts drawer and see if I have a pill that will fit when it arrives, thinking SST-50 or XML.

Thanks! Can't wait to check it out, and use it at work.... Winter is coming... along with the dark :devil:

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always like to encourage group buys, so I've made a space at the bottom of the first post to keep track of interest.

Bonus offer! If the number of lenses sold in this group buy goes over 50 then I'll take 10% of the final price.

Thanks!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for one kit, and three more lenses.

Thanks for organizing this DIWdiver. I was about to start a GB for these, but am perfectly willing to pay the extra $8 for someone else to deal with it... lol.

Thanks also to Nova, and Ash for the info a couple weeks back!

Last edited:

syc

Newly Enlightened
Great timing - I wanted to pick up 3 of the aspherics.

I'm going to buy a few of these lenses. Anyone interested in a US group buy? I'll purchase, repackage, and resend for cost + $8.00. Most likely that would amount to $8.00 or $10.00 per lens plus $8.00 per order. Prepaid through Paypal.

ahorton

Enlightened
Apologies to bjs55, heupel, zilingz and upsidedownviking. I didn't manage to get into the post office either Monday or Tuesday but I'm confident I'll get in tomorrow.

bjs55

Newly Enlightened
no problem ahorton,thinking of a suitable place for these gems

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edited my post above to remove the "possibly" re: three more lenses.

I'm now in for one complete kit, and definitely three extra lenses! :party:

tlyon1022

Newly Enlightened
Is there still a USA GB on? If so I'd like in for a p60 kit... I want to pair it with the pill from vinhguys's custom drop-in over on CPFMP. Whats the final cost on a p60 kit under the group buy? PM me please!

ahorton

Enlightened
Hard to say yet what the final price will be. My guess is that you'll save at least $10, probably more. It will depend on the postage cost.

I've added your interest to the list in the first post.
I've also started to estimate the total cost of the group buy.

Last edited:

natac

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to buy a few of these lenses. Anyone interested in a US group buy? I'll purchase, repackage, and resend for cost + $8.00. Most likely that would amount to $8.00 or $10.00 per lens plus $8.00 per order. Prepaid through Paypal.

I'd like to join the US group buy for two lenses. Thanks!

ahorton

Enlightened
:welcome: natac. I added you to the list.
Hang around and let me know what you make with them.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad to see some interest in the US buy! Anybody suggest a fair cutoff date? I was thinking 10 days, but I'm open to discussion.

Don

ahorton

Enlightened
That's always the problem with group buys. You pay in time.

FYI, I'm planning to offer a full dropin later next week.

So if anyone is interested in that, then let me know.