• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL SOLD!

pbs357

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag PentaCree $150

Thank you for buying that! My paypal trigger finger was getting itchy on that one - great price for a great light (and batteries included!). If I hadn't just sent funds for another big light I would've been all over it. Great sale!

Visible EM Wave

Enlightened

Thank you for buying that! My paypal trigger finger was getting itchy on that one - great price for a great light (and batteries included!). If I hadn't just sent funds for another big light I would've been all over it. Great sale!

Yes, it's a great light for a great price.

Actually DonShock was selling 2 penta cree on CPFMP. I bought one and Brozneo bought the other one. That's why I know it's definitely a great light! I was planning to build a similar one for my cousin as a gift. The parts in fact will cost more than $150. Now I'm saving some time for other projects. Thanks Brozneo again.

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened

3. Mag PentaCree - 5 x Cree Q2's run at 1amp each for ~ 900 lumens in a 2D Pewter/Silver Mag. Runs off 8AA's in a 8AA to 2D holder (included) comes with Eneloop's. Runtime approx 1 hour on 2000mah's. Great condition, glass lens. Was USD$200, USD$175 NOW USD $150 including postage. Built by DonShock.

Just checking... It is sold right? :thinking:

And out of curiosity, was it a single mode?

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
Well, I've dismantled the batterypack to charge the batteries individual on my BC-900 chargers (I have three of them).

One of the batteries I took out the pack had white / green / yellow corrosion on the back, it has apparantly leaked.

I've put them in the chargers and the leaked one reported 0,86V :shakehead

I've set the charger to charge-test (charging, then discharing measuring the max. capacity and then charging again), put them in and the leaking battery reports only 111 mAh :ohgeez:.

Did you know the batteries were in such a bad condition?

You state:

1. FM 9AA to 3D holder - 10.8V, good condition, with 9 x 2700mAh PowerEx AA batteries, USD $45 including postage

I guess that was for the holder only, not the batteries?

EDIT:
So far I get this from my chargers:

1263 mAh (Bad!)
2710 mAh (Good!)
2720 mAh (Good!)
2710 mAh (Good!)
2730 mAh (Good!)
2680 mAh (Good!)
111 mAh (very bad!)
in progress
in progress

Last edited:

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
The last two ended up around 2,7 Ah

The 1263 mAh battery is now at 2,7 Ah too after a few days of refreshing and testing on my Conrad IPC-1 (rebranded La Crosse BC-900)

The 111 mAh is now @ ~250 mAh after refreshing but what's more weird is that it charges to 1,60 Volts :green: :thinking: LOL

Brozneo

Enlightened
Sorry, I didn't realise that batt was in such a bad condition - I don't have any way to measure the Volts of the batteries and I would charge them in the battery holder all together. I would get good brightness and runtime so to me there was no problems with the batteries.

Visible EM Wave

Enlightened
The Penta Cree has arrived today safely. It works perfectly and all 8 eneloops have almost 2000 mAh according to my Maha C9000 charger. Thanks a lot.

Although the eneloops have lower capacity, they are more reliable in my opinion.

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
Just ordered two PowerEx 2700's at Thoma's. Haha, as part of a $220 order (no kidding). Damn the expensive shipping! ($40) :devil:

For my P7 Mag I'm going the D cell route. 10,000mAh per cell. Not a single AA or C can beat that :D.