Alternative .pdf readers?

Vesper

Enlightened
If you install FoxIt, beware that it's mandatory adware. Make sure you remove the ask.com toolbar in add/remove programs. It also changes your home page. None of this is optional, even when installing 'custom'. Bad, bad Foxit Software. :thumbsdow

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't you just disable the updates? That's the first thing I do after I install, I don't really need the "security" updates that are so frequently released.

As for replacements, I'm sure Adobe knows their format the best and there will be less compatibility issues if using Adobe Reader...

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't you just disable the updates? That's the first thing I do after I install, I don't really need the "security" updates that are so frequently released.

As for replacements, I'm sure Adobe knows their format the best and there will be less compatibility issues if using Adobe Reader...

"Security" updates are often, well, security updates. I wouldn't disable them just because they are linked to upgrades that also make the software more bloated. The solution is to use different software.

Whether Adobe knows their software best for use on my computer is a judgment that I will make. They certainly don't seem to know (or care) that I don't want any bloatware.