And about the futur Fenix P3D Q5 ?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
And about the futur Fenix P3D Q5 ?
I have seen the future, and it is very bright. The Fenix lights are going to be contenders with the big boys, without the big price tag.

I have modded several Fenix P2D and P3D's with Q5 LED's, and the increase in brightness from a P4 is impressive. The tint and beam quality of the Q5's is very nice too. I have used the WC and WG tint, and both are fantastic looking. The WG tint CREE reminds me of a WO tint Seoul, and the WC tint CREE is ultra pure white. Both tested at 33% over stock, but the WC whiteness gave an overall brighter visual increase.

I have always been happy with Fenix quality. A P1 CE is my current "in my pocket at night" light. When the Q5 becomes the standard LED in Fenix lights, they will be the lumen for dollar leader in quality LED flashlights. When the R bin CREE's are available, watch your retinas!

txgp17

Enlightened
The Q5 is noticeably brighter than the P100, but that's only a result of more side spill. The throw abilities are equal in my opinion.

I attribute this to the larger size of the Q5, making it more difficult to properly focus.
Presentation1.jpg

Oh, BTW, BOG has Q5 drop-in's for Surefire's up on the web for pre-order.
Plus Malkoff Devices sent an e-mail yesterday offering some Surefire P60 drop-in's.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a factory built Q5 P3D here and I saw a peak output on Max of over 200 lumens! :drool:

I probably won't be doing a full set of runtimes because it was sent to me to test the aftermarket bodies that David had made. I'll mainly be testing Max using 2 and 3 cells to see how much added runtime that extra cell adds.

Latest posts