• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Annoucements - Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy crap jay! Thats sucks so bad man, Im so sorry man. So someone stole your light at work?
I am so tired of thiefs! Two nights ago some pricks broke into my step daughters car and stole the new stereo I installed a month ago. After her whole car was stolen and the stereo ripped out.
People suck!

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Stress Relieve

I got a couple of Sony VTC5 18650s. I actually notice a big difference with the turbo mode on my PD32UE over the cheap Tenergy ones I used before, so now I'm curious as to whether they would work better in my TK75vnkt as well. Or perhaps I should just get some better protected
for that light and that would also work fine. People don't seem to say that high-drain would make a difference for the TK75vnkt.

Yea I am planning on getti.g a couple sony's for my PD35vn and use my ncr18650b for the TK75vnkt.

Either way, I bought them for my PD35vn triple XPL
which should be here in 2-3 weeks or so, but now I like them in other lights too haha.

BarryG

Enlightened
Absolutely fuming, I think my head is going to burst. Some low life is after robbing my sd6vn in work. I only have it 3 days and the worst thing is they have no idea what they have and most likely once the battery goes flat it will never be used again. I'm going to lock myself in a room for an hour so I don't get sacked

That sucks!!! It may be worth a shot to post a reward for its return? maybe $20? You are right, they probably have no ides what it is..

Barry

jaykay

Newly Enlightened
I've calmed down now! Im goin to bring my k40vn in tomorrow to blind someone..... ok maybe I haven't completely calmed down yet! I have an idea who took it, theres 3 to choose from but I can't prove it. Its a long road that has no turn, I'll be patient.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have gotten at least 3 emails complaints over the past several weeks regarding how I release V2s version of a light.

I was told that I hold back purposely not putting in all the upgrades to a light at once so I can save it for a V2. I just want to clarify publicly that I do not do this on purpose. I always upgrade everything I can to a light at the time of release. But as technology improves/changes I add the upgrades/changes accordingly. Sometimes when the upgrade/changes is significant enough I name the light a V2. A V2 is not necessarily "better" than a V1. It's just different.
Thank you for understanding.

Vinh

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHAT!?!? That is the dumbest complaint I have heard. If that were true there would be at least two versions of every light you have done!
Anyway WELCOM BACK VINH!!!
We missed you.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have gotten at least 3 emails complaints over the past several weeks regarding how I release V2s version of a light.

I was told that I hold back purposely not putting in all the upgrades to a light at once so I can save it for a V2. I just want to clarify publicly that I do not do this on purpose. I always upgrade everything I can to a light at the time of release. But as technology improves/changes I add the upgrades/changes accordingly. Sometimes when the upgrade/changes is significant enough I name the light a V2. A V2 is not necessarily "better" than a V1. It's just different.

Vinh

That is really a very silly complaint. Is it annoying to buy something and have it outdated in a couple of months? Yes absolutely, but as an owner of several of your v1 and v2, and I think v3 lights, I haven't seen you actually hold back on any of them. Only major change I've seen you make on the mods is that you started adding wires to the springs on carriers at a certain point on just about every light that can use that little decrease in resistance, but you also went ahead and offered to mod carriers for people for $10 or $15 ( I don't remember which).

I also don't think people appreciate how little of a difference in practical terms there is sometimes between a V1, and a V2 light. Is there a difference? Yes absolutely, but it's really incremental, and mostly something you see on a meter or literally comparing lights side by side.

The TK61 specifically though... that's a V2, there is no going around it. You're using a completely different driver, no longer dealing with stock parts, and more minor tweaks. Same goes for the copper heatsink... though some lights really don't need them.

Severus

Enlightened

Vinh

I have heard the same complains about smartphones, cars, and so on.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome back, Vinh! Don't work too hard! Hope you had a fun trip. :)

Shiftyk5

Newly Enlightened
Welcome back Vinh, hope you had a good trip.

I wouldn't worry about the complaints. Most here understand how things work, you change things one way. Then down the road you come up with new ideas or ways to change/improve on your previous creation. That's pretty much how things work in any modding/hobby.

Some are just always looking to be offended and butthurt.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh

Just look at how many iphone versions we have :)

ven

Flashaholic
WB vinh,hope you all had a great time:D

Reg the mails,you cant win,guess you could still be on v1 and make that 8A and 700kcd+ sure they would love the wait and wait :laughing:

Innovation,constantly pushing the boundaries for your customers:D

Sure Samsung did pretty good last year.........seemed a new phone a week :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.