• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Another Malkoff Junkie Group Buy Thread (Neutral M91B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once you have LED's purchased/sourced, could you please post specific details or p.n.?

Thanks!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'll be in for either. Would prefer a 4k, and would definitely prefer an M361 HCRI!!!!!! Maybe in the future, thanks for putting this together.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is the latest update.

First, my apologies on the delay, I have had 4 projects hit with my job and have been pretty slammed the past few weeks.

Now the details.

There are literally hundreds of XPL's and I have narrowed it down to the following choices. These are sourced from Mouser and while they look good on paper, there is no guarantee that I can get specified bin's that are below BBL (not sure I would want to proceed based on this). There is no good options (that I have found for the 5000K) in an XPL, only an XPL2 and since I have no experience with these I will need to confirm with Gene that these will work.

If these are acceptable, then we can proceed with the GB or if there is another place that I should look, let me know.
Feel free to check these out and make any suggestions. These are all 80CRI.

941-XPLAWT00000V50E2 4000K

941-XPLBWT0000HV20E5 5000K

XPLBWT-00-0000-000HV450G 5000k V4

Last edited:

tuelleric

Enlightened
That is the Flux Code. V6 is a little bit more efficient and thus a little bit brighter. In the datasheet you will find more details, also about the chromaticity regions.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Have already posted in the official GB thread; am in the #1 slot so all is good in the world. ;)

For all of you on the fence, recall that Gene hasn't done /any/ custom builds for something like ~8 yrs - the last few that I know of were upon the initial release of the M91 way back when.

Personally, I am actually in a very challenging financial position at the moment (so difficult timing over here), but I simply cannot miss this opportunity as I can't imagine another run of P60-format dropins such as these.

Thanks to all & best regards,

Kestrel

Flashaholic
re: the XP-L2:
I'm definitely an efficiency nerd; so as long as I can get 5000K, I'd love as many lumens-per-watt as possible.

On the other hand, others here are certainly more experienced with specific LED-model characteristics, so I guess I'd defer to them if significant issues are expected with the very latest LED models.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: Another Malkoff Junkie Group Buy Thread (Warm M91B)

Please let staff know, so that we can close this thread at that time, and avoid the confusion of two overlapping threads for this. Thanks !

PM from OP received.

Group Buy now active .... so, closing this.

please, if possible put the link to the topic of group buying here, so anyone who follows this topic will know where to go to reserve your dropin. :)

As agreed ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=460410

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.