another psyco Mag Mod. (high bandwidth)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW.

I've seen Far Eastern lights with small little 5mm LEDs and a little red laser in the center but yours utterly demolishes any of those!

AuroraLite

Enlightened
VidPro,

Psyco Mag Mod :crackup:
This mod well deserve that name, truly an impressive collaboration and great creativity!

Now I know we are not too far off from developing "the Elko-raw Super SOS Signaling light with a Mega Star Beam Reflector and Q_R Knurled tailcap Version 29, with DoraSell Super Plutonium Halloid batteries"...as shown here :naughty:

Man, VidPro, I had fun reading your posts! :laughing:

Wong

Newly Enlightened
Cool !!

buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif

Turbo_E

Enlightened
man i tried to make a 3lux mag with 15 X 20,000 MCD LEDS in it but i couldn't figure out how to power the LED's as the Luxes were draining the heck out of the D cells.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear me, this is absolutely fantastic. It's a flashaholic's dream:) well I speak for myself. There are so many cool things in this I don't know where to begin! I would never have thought of putting so many things into the one device. The idea of a laser in a tristar never occured to me let alone the UV diodes...

:bow: :bow: :bow:

One question, what are you going to call it? :D :rock:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
""One question, what are you going to call it? ""

umm, a flashlight? i donno what to call it, or the other ones, they are all still identified by thier fuctions.
its the one with the laser in it?

liteglow

Enlightened
Yea i really like the psyco light :) it`s cooool..

And I like your light also "explorer light" AND THAT LIGHT really put MY light into shame :p hehe lol..

DSCF0066.sized.jpg

My light was a "go-by-what-you've-got" :)
It`s 3x3w luxeon star and I am the only one that got a FAN to cool them down ?? the small drilled holes on the flashlight is perfect to warm your hand on the cold night ;)

And my flashlight use a 3cell 11.7volt 1800mAh lithium battery (LiPoly, from my electric heli)

And I dont know how long the battery time is, becouse I have NEVER charged it yet hehe ;)

Cheer and welcome to te trippleX luxeon mod-club ;)

link to some more pictures of my stuff: (http://photonlexicon.com/gallery/Liteglow?page=3)

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! I barely wanna keep working on my MinTrois custom mod after seeing that beauty! I do have one thing different on mine but you've got 5 things different on yours!

Great work of Psycho art, congratz!! :)

Ralf

Enlightened
:awman:

Have been away for a while and working now on a
tristar as well. Searched the forum for "tristar" and
found that amazing thread.

Are there any problems with wiring the luxeons in
parallel?

Sorry if this has been answered in other threads but
this one I found is the first one and that interesting :)

Cheers
Ralf