Another UBH run? / CR123 batt. tube for E series?

pahl

Enlightened
I have been searching and searching and I can't seem to find the post I read were someone was having a some battery tubes made for the surefire e series lights.

Could someone post the link for me?

Thanks,

pahl

Enlightened
Re: Who was making the CR123 battery tube for E series

Thanks for the link. Not who I was thinking off.
I think it was to match the HA finish and the rest of the body on the E series.

Was it some guy from canada?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep... Search in the first 50-75 posts or so in the Homemade/Mod forum for DSpeck's 123/AA cell extender...

pahl

Enlightened

That's the guy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Found the post.
Looks like I'm to late to pre order. I will watch for the extra's if he has any.

Thanks,

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess this is a reasonable place to ask - is there enough interest for me to do another run of the UBHs? I was thinking of doing some more in about August or so. Please let me know if you are interested enough to buy, so I cna get a sense of the demand for this mod.

Thanks,
Doug.

pahl

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
DSpeck said:
I guess this is a reasonable place to ask - is there enough interest for me to do another run of the UBHs? I was thinking of doing some more in about August or so. Please let me know if you are interested enough to buy, so I cna get a sense of the demand for this mod.

Thanks,
Doug.

[/ QUOTE ]

The UBHs are the battery tubes for the E series of surefire lights, correct?

I maybe interested in one. I was thinking they screwed onto the tail cap end of the light, but after finding the link last night and seeing the photo's I see they screw on the lens end of the body.

I was thinking about getting on for my E1e-HA, but by August I may just have bought a E2e or E20 anyway.

I'm not much help I'm I? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be interested in one, Doug. I'm settling on the E2 as my super modular system, and that means I must have a UBH!

Joe

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, guys.

-pahl- the UBH basically replaces the battery tube of the E2x, so that you can use a variety of different options. It uses the E-series tailcap, too.

-Joe- I'd be happy to have the UBH as the heart of your super modular system... I guess you'll need an E2C as well? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Raindrop

Enlightened

Put me down for one as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

Of course I need an E2C! I actually ordered one from the CPF shop. I'm trying ot figure out what's happened -- the shop says the part is not in stock and is unordered, but I'm pretty sure Paypal charged me. Gotta run that one down.

But, in any case, E2C is a must!

pahl

Enlightened

Could someone post or email me a photo of the UBH along with some differant uses so I could get a better understanding of what it is.

Thanks,

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can look at the UBH thread here. This should tell you more about it than you ever wanted to know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lenny45

Newly Enlightened

I'm interested in getting one as well.

pahl

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
DSpeck said:
You can look at the UBH thread here. This should tell you more about it than you ever wanted to know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got done reading the link you posted.
The UBH looks very cool.

I'm interested in getting one that is anodized.

The link with the price on that post was dead. Maybe the prices will be differant then last time anyway.

Could you post prices or email me a price on one UBH anodized?

I looks like you have put a lot of thought into the UBH.
Do you have a patent on it?

pahl

Enlightened

I did not see anything about how long it is.
I have a preaty good idea from the photo's, but could someone tell me how long it is with a Surefire E series head and tail cap on it?
I'm thinking it maybe the size of a Maglite AA or a bit longer.

John Frederick

Enlightened

I'm definately in for one. I missed out last time but I won't make that mistake again. With the other SF 5W's on the horizon an E2C and a UBH is a must! I wonder if this next run could incorporate a pocket clip. What do you think Doug? Doing a run in black HA might also get you some repeat business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
BTW, for those of you who haven't seen one in person, the quality is exceptional. I saw Revolvergeek's the other day and my heart dropped at the realization that I had not ordered one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif If you were handed one and told it was made by SF you would believe it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I've seen some of Doug's other one-off creations so I'm especially looking forward to his Firefly; it should be awsome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

John Frederick

Enlightened

Phal or Doug or a Moderator,

I wonder if this thread should be retitled if we're looking for interest in another UBH run? Or maybe instead of high-jacking this one we could start a new one. I don't want another run cancelled because people didn't know about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif