• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Antique Hurricane Lanterns retrofitted to Powerful Rechargeable LED - For Sale

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
i am just finished assembling another lantern. Hotblast type this time and very old. This is a BAT DRPatente 6. One of the oldest lanterns i had in my hands.The particular lantern is not press made as the later models are rather the individual parts have been hand soldered to a whole!

BAT%20DRP6%203_zps8zl6mpaa.jpg

more photos
A reflector is pending.

cheers,
Barou

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
I am currently preparing two new lanterns. (Λ-16, Λ-17)

Lanterns restored/ chassis prepared:

* Λ-16 Chalwyn Tropic - deep black matte finish. more
lambda-16%20CHALWYN%20TROPIC%20s_zpsxqzancu2.jpg

* Λ-17 Frowo 420* made in GDR. Black (acrylic, gloss) More photos here

lambda-17%20FROWO%20500%20s_zpsekdekzct.jpg

Questions and reservations PM me.

cheers,
Barou

* errata: this is Frowo 420

Last edited:

Elmie

Enlightened
Just received the lantern today. Amazing... simply amazing. I loved the personal touches that Panos put in, it really shows the pride he puts into his masterpieces.

Quick teaser pic:

vx000

Enlightened
Lambda-15 arrived today in perfect condition (due in no small part to Barou's spectacularly impressive wrapping). And, again, I have to say these retrofitted lanterns are unbelievably cool! Mr. B's work is flawless. And, while the lanterns themselves are just intrinsically interesting, the transformed objects really fuse a bit of past and present in the best possible way. If you are considering getting of one these (and you should be), don't wait. You will never regret it.

vx000

Enlightened
I promised Mr. B sometime ago that I would post pictures of the new arrivals, and then went and severed a couple tendons in my shoulder....apologies for the delay and my not-so-great photo skills, but here are a few shots with and without their new hats:

IMG_6393.JPGIMG_6394.JPG
IMG_6395.JPGIMG_6396.JPG

Lambda-15 arrived today in perfect condition (due in no small part to Barou's spectacularly impressive wrapping). And, again, I have to say these retrofitted lanterns are unbelievably cool! Mr. B's work is flawless. And, while the lanterns themselves are just intrinsically interesting, the transformed objects really fuse a bit of past and present in the best possible way. If you are considering getting of one these (and you should be), don't wait. You will never regret it.

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
thanks a lot for let me know how those lanterns match in your space. Those seem terrific!
thanks again and i hope you get better soon.

cheers,
barou

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I am currently rounding up my winter/spring work, and at last i am finilizing long reserved lanterns and offering few new ones.
yesterday were completed Λ-18 & Λ -19 lanterns. Both are Chalwyn Far East models. λ-18 is reserved by Mark and λ-19 is currently free. No reflectors yet.

Chalwyn Far East λ-18 - reserved
Chalwyn Far East λ-19 - available
(link to my blog)

better quality photos at:

http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/baroutologos/slideshow/L -18 and L -19

Queries welcomed as always,

cheers,
Barou

ps: FOr the next few days new lanterns will be spawned each day and those would be available for anyone wishing to buy till the end of this week.
I am going then (next week to have a 3 month journey to the United states and lantern making / trade) will be resumed in this authumn.

Last edited:

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
yesterday another model was finished.
The current one is being reserved but in this day a same model (Λ-16) in black matte edition will be finilized too.

Chalwyn Tropic λ-20 (British pride)

cheers,
Barou
banner1.jpg

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking amazing as always.
I'll have to catch one when you return.

Cheers to your summer adventure & safe travels!