Any 9v KL1 tests?

John Frederick

Enlightened
Have any of you guys tried the KL1 on 9 volts?
I'm interested in run-times and brightness. Is it as bright and efficient on 3 cells as the KL3 appears to be? Inquiring minds need to know
wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
John,
I tried it on 3x 123's for a few minutes and uttered the mandatory, "kuhl"
grin.gif

How's that for a scientific test? BTW, it was bright, but paled, in my presence. Joking.....
tongue.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by McGizmo:
John,
I tried it on 3x 123's for a few minutes and uttered the mandatory, "kuhl"
grin.gif

How's that for a scientific test? BTW, it was bright, but paled, in my presence. Joking.....
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don,

Please don't tantalize like that. I'm very interested in brightness/runtime on 3x123, and hope to get Doug Speck's "E-3" tube as soon as possible. Heck, I'll even mail you three SF 123's or a check for your test!

Brightnorm

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Originally posted by brightnorm:
.............. Heck, I'll even mail you three SF 123's or a check for your test!

Brightnorm
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Brightnorm,

A test requires attention to detail as well as an attention span. You got the wrong guy! I'd remember to get back and check a day or two later.................. Hey, I know, I promised the holder shown to Jolly Roger. Maybe he'll run a test! I'll tell him you are counting on him and throw in a little guilt trip.
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hmmm...I'd test anything on route to anyone routed there by means of my house.
grin.gif

I have nadda test equiptment though--so....

Brightness? Bright

Runtime? Long enough
tongue.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by McGizmo:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by brightnorm:
.............. Heck, I'll even mail you three SF 123's or a check for your test!

Brightnorm

A test requires attention to detail as well as an attention span. You got the wrong guy! I'd remember to get back and check a day or two later.................. Hey, I know, I promised the holder shown to Jolly Roger. Maybe he'll run a test! I'll tell him you are counting on him and throw in a little guilt trip.
grin.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Good idea, guilt trips are good motivators

BN

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Saaby:
grin.gif

Brightness? Bright

Runtime? Long enough
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Saaby,

Do you in fact have a KL-3 and a 3x123 tube?

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Saaby:
grin.gif

Brightness? Bright

Runtime? Long enough
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Saaby,

Do you in fact have a KL-1 and an "E3" sized 3x123 tube?

Brightnorm
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Saaby

Flashaholic
Nah but I was refering to the fact that Don will be sending Jolly Roger the holder. I don't have a KL-3 but wasn't it a KL-1 you were asking about? Well I don't have one of those either
tongue.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by McGizmo:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by brightnorm:

Brightnorm

grin.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Good idea, guilt trips are great motivators

BN
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">