Any MENSA members here?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If Milky isn't a MENSA member, he should be; based on his creations. :twothumbs

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a regular patron of the club I work, one night tell me how intelligent he was, and how he was a member... He is the sort of guy that thinks everyone is plain stupid, no matter what you do to show otherwise.

When I told him that I had an IQ of 175, he was taken aback and didn't talk to me for about two hours... after which all conversation was him insisting on knowing where I did my IQ test.

During those two hours it was apparent that he was intimidated by someone a third of his age being smarter than him (which could be quite easily true without sounding cocky :p)

I ended up telling him that I had no idea what my IQ was, however I have taken part in various aptitude tests all of which I aced, and I also added that if he were as intelligent as he was making out he wouldn't of been fooled by my simple mind game :rolleyes:

...lets just say he no longer talks down to me

:nana:

This isn't having a go at any groups of any form, just showing what the groups can do to some people.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When I attended my Best friend's wedding a few months back, I met his former boss. The ex-boss brought his fiancee along. A lovely girl. Come to find out, she's an amateur Writer just like I am. We exchanged story ideas that we were working on. Her's was good, mine blew her mind! They were both a bit intoxicated, and had planned on hitting the hay. But my story ideas kept them up for hours as they listened. (Must admit, it felt great being able to share with another Writer. My friends are great, but none are into Writing).

Afterwards, I found out that her I.Q. would make many MENSA members look like retards, by comparison. She had a sweet, easy-going, almost submissive personality that was adorable.

Yup, I impressed the Hell out of her. Not 100% sure, but I seem to recall that she is indeed a MENSA member.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member.

-Groucho Marx

;)

Pretty funny. Never heard that before.
crackup.gif

Mr_Light

Enlightened
Joined briefly after college (sent in a copy of my SATs). I concluded from the newsletters that the members were not the cool beautiful people I had hoped they would be.... Turns out CPF is where they were all along.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I visited their office I pushed the door really hard but it wouldn't open. So I gave up.