Open apology to CPF members

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Science is observable and demonstrable. Many of what we call science today is neither observable or demonstrable, but must be taken by faith by the party hearing it. That is called Pseudo Science.
I have a vague understanding how my computer works, but I trust the engineers that it will work when I turn it on. Ditto on my software. I can't see it doing its work in the small box on my desk, but I see the results, so I will trust science on this one, and many others. If we don't trust science, don't fly, drive, drink, turn on your lights...

jtr1962

Flashaholic
In case of soviets astronauts they used so called chemical pencils, it writes like a regular pencil, but if you wet the lead, it writes like blue ink. i used to have those when i was a kid, it would make my tongue blue from licking the lead so it writes blue, it was probably toxic, but no one cared back then,
Kids used to eat mercury from broken thermometers back then and nobody seemed to care. By comparison licking a pencil is tame.

andregrobler

Newly Enlightened
I have a vague understanding how my computer works, but I trust the engineers that it will work when I turn it on. Ditto on my software. I can't see it doing its work in the small box on my desk, but I see the results, so I will trust science on this one, and many others. If we don't trust science, don't fly, drive, drink, turn on your lights...
So which scientists do you believe? The ones who are part of of government, and said things that were proven false? Or the ones who said, people i think we must be careful of this, this is experimental and we just don't know enough - but elsewhere previously we had these and these issues in scientific trials, and we can't see how this had gotten fixed yet… and by the way, statistically we are not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the figures, but the reporting is deviating strongly from previous protocols, so comparisons are really hard… and with the new protocols there is all sorts of ambiguities that seem odd? And by the way the people in government called themselves scientists but by and large they were clinicians, who were doing science for corporates…

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's true I thought everyone knew that Bigfoots are vegans. That's why they all live in Antarctica. No one could stand them and their preaching.

Last edited:

Ocelot808

Enlightened
So which scientists do you believe? The ones who are part of of government, and said things that were proven false? Or the ones who said, people i think we must be careful of this, this is experimental and we just don't know enough - but elsewhere previously we had these and these issues in scientific trials, and we can't see how this had gotten fixed yet… and by the way, statistically we are not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the figures, but the reporting is deviating strongly from previous protocols, so comparisons are really hard… and with the new protocols there is all sorts of ambiguities that seem odd? And by the way the people in government called themselves scientists but by and large they were clinicians, who were doing science for corporates…
I almost had to be admitted to the ER after the migraine headache began by straining to figure out just what on the Earth you are referring to or what point you were making. Half a bottle of Advil later I felt better and I thought it best to refer your post to the International Ambiguity Committee for review and potential award status. You might want to think about a career in confusing people professionally, clearly it's some kind of gift.

On the pencil subject. In ancient times before the widespread adoption of India ink actual shaped pieces of metallic lead were used as writing instruments. Pencil "lead" has absolutely no trace of lead content: it's a mixture of graphite, clay and a bit of wax binding agent. It's called "lead" as a slang reference to the long lost to history writing method.

Same thing as the word flashlight. A reference to the very first handheld dry cell battery incan lamp by David Misell of Ever Ready in 1899 that produced bright light for such a short duration that it was merely a flash of light.

Photon Wrangler, that was an epic choice to post "Foil". Weird Al is a national treasure.

Let the climate change apology thread games resume....

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well this one time I was on rflashlights and they had some good taking points and memes that proved zeroair was a fag in the internet sense of the term. So there is always an appropriate time to bash another user or their opinion.

I bet regardless of who was involved they all used lights that night and still post on light related discussion sites.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Im still very sorry for all the times I wasn't a good forum member you all deserve better..

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Btw it's funny the thing me included can argue about. I recall me telling everyone on the PlayStation 3 forum that someday we can have the same graphical power of the ps3 with no fans lol. . Everyone said that can't happen a course years later we see it is lol. Just check out most high end cell phones have way more power graphically then a ps3 had no fans a course

Last edited:

andregrobler

Newly Enlightened
I almost had to be admitted to the ER after the migraine headache began by straining to figure out just what on the Earth you are referring to or what point you were making. Half a bottle of Advil later I felt better and I thought it best to refer your post to the International Ambiguity Committee for review and potential award status. You might want to think about a career in confusing people professionally, clearly it's some kind of gift.

On the pencil subject. In ancient times before the widespread adoption of India ink actual shaped pieces of metallic lead were used as writing instruments. Pencil "lead" has absolutely no trace of lead content: it's a mixture of graphite, clay and a bit of wax binding agent. It's called "lead" as a slang reference to the long lost to history writing method.

Same thing as the word flashlight. A reference to the very first handheld dry cell battery incan lamp by David Misell of Ever Ready in 1899 that produced bright light for such a short duration that it was merely a flash of light.

Photon Wrangler, that was an epic choice to post "Foil". Weird Al is a national treasure.

Let the climate change apology thread games resume....
Well… now that you mention it… i used to work as a scientist… so yes it was part of the job description…. If, and, but, maybe, perhaps… probably…

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Im still very sorry for all the times I wasn't a good forum member you all deserve better..
Quite frankly, so did you my friend. I remember that dog-pile. And, you didn't deserve it. I'll say it here and in-person. Making this post an hour and a half after confronting a worthless piece of human trash at my job-site who had no business being there, and then decided he was going to choose violence when informed he'd have to leave.... Until the large can of pepperspray came out. Then he was talking tough while quickly backing away back outside. Ah, who doesn't love having to deal with ghetto thug wannabes. Basically what I say online, I say to someone in real life too.

Let's see, flashlight related? I had my brand new Convoy C8 in my other hand. Not the most aggressive strike-bezel. But solid.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Quite frankly, so did you my friend. I remember that dog-pile. And, you didn't deserve it. I'll say it here and in-person. Making this post an hour and a half after confronting a worthless piece of human trash at my job-site who had no business being there, and then decided he was going to choose violence when informed he'd have to leave.... Until the large can of pepperspray came out. Then he was talking tough while quickly backing away back outside. Ah, who doesn't love having to deal with ghetto thug wannabes. Basically what I say online, I say to someone in real life too.

Let's see, flashlight related? I had my brand new Convoy C8 in my other hand. Not the most aggressive strike-bezel. But solid.
Man, some of your stories make me wish that you had a bodycam running. Glad you're safe.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Man, some of your stories make me wish that you had a bodycam running. Glad you're safe.
Thank you, I genuinely appreciate that.
Ordered a quality leather belt-holster from Safariland for the following. Seriously doubt that worthless excuse for a human-being will return. But as I get older, I realize it's better to er on the side of caution, each and every single time. Sad I had to literally dust this off. Got two of them. Both are good until August of 2027. You know, as a kid, even as an adult, I used to genuinely believe that Humanity is basically Good and Noble. Every adult reading this just had a good chuckle to themselves:

*Short is actually from one of my subscribers. He's got excellent gear and flashlight related content on his channel.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im a jerk somedays no way to sugar coat it lol..but i am trying lol. this forum should be fun for everyone and i had no right to rob anyone of fun