Anybidy EDC a Streamlight ProTac HLx 1000?

Highstepperarf

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have problems with the ProTac HLx self activating in your pocket?

I need to upgrade from my SF 6P LED with the Lumens Factory drop in module so I can see the livestock further.

I'm concerned that the lightly shrouded tailcap switch on the ProTac HLx will activate in my pocket. That happens with my SF unless I unscrew the SF's tail cap so the light won't actuate.

thx!

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody have problems with the ProTac HLx self activating in your pocket?

I need to upgrade from my SF 6P LED with the Lumens Factory drop in module so I can see the livestock further.

I'm concerned that the lightly shrouded tailcap switch on the ProTac HLx will activate in my pocket. That happens with my SF unless I unscrew the SF's tail cap so the light won't actuate.

thx!

Where this is concerned, nothing's impossible, but from the close-up 360 view photo, the design appears practically identical to my 2L-X, and based on that I believe the chances of unintended activation are quite low indeed. If you want to play it super safe, set the TenTap to L-M-H and carry it that way for a while as an experiment - that way if it does happen during the test period, it won't fry your leg @65 lumens. That might give you more confidence in carrying it in your preferred TenTap setting (which I assume might well be a different one). I highly doubt you'll experience that problem, but hope you'll let us know if you do! Great choice of light, BTW!