Anybody know Mac's status?

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did run into him..He was SWAMPED busy, and mentioned he is working to "catch up" on his flashlights.

I know how it is to wait for things, heck, I was even "taken" on here a few years back (I don't remember if it was a battery pack for a M6 or something) but, Mac is a legit fella, and seems genuine. I don't "know him" per se but, just judging his character from our interactions.

Gawd I miss the flashlight world but, it has been a mixed bag for me. I believe I legit have an addiction to them, and even viewing torches makes me want MORE MORE MORE. Anyway, I hope things go smooth and everything is handled.

One love

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
Another word since people have mentioned his "vaping" business. As far as I know he is not nor has not taken orders for vaper mods. He's built some complete mods and parts and offered them for sale but I've seen no evidence that he's moved on to a new business. Time will tell I suppose. I genuinely hope everyone is able to get the lights that they ordered.

dfsutton

Newly Enlightened
I am also awaiting a Tri-EDC from Mac. He has responded to two of my e-mails within the last week. In the second e-mail he stated, "I'm out of the light business and am trying to get out the last of the remaining orders I have..."

IsaacL

Enlightened
Wow, I'm shocked. I feel very lucky to have a Tri-EDC.

I can see the demand rising sharply as the news spreads. Thanks for the update.

I am also awaiting a Tri-EDC from Mac. He has responded to two of my e-mails within the last week. In the second e-mail he stated, "I'm out of the light business and am trying to get out the last of the remaining orders I have..."

gonefishing

Enlightened
Wow. I hope mine gets done. When did you order? I ordered mine on Feb.1

Fir3

Newly Enlightened
"I'm out of the light business and am trying to get out the last of the remaining orders I have..."

That's sad to hear :(

Anyone know of another light similar to a Tri EDC? (Titanium single 123A with triple led?)

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready has triple dropins and heads. The Moddoolar head, TL 20 and tail with zero rez shorty is tiny. The dropins and heads come in a variety of emitters and are well engineered - they count the cells and have appropriate low voltage warning and cutoff. The ability to lego different bodies (from 20 all the way up to 130) is also very nice. Tough lights, great customer service, but not Ti.

spydiesteve

Newly Enlightened
Mac I don't know where you are but it seems I am not the only one getting shafted here. Seems like you just pick and choose who you do and do not respond to. If the previous post is true and your are going out of business, then I say good for you because you have no idea what it takes to run a successful business. Shame on you for taking advantage of people. You reap what you sew.

spydiesteve

Newly Enlightened
Well what do you know! Mac emailed me today!! He said that he was very sorry, that he had lost almost all his emails. So apparently he hasn't been able to respond to all the concerns about people's flashlight orders. However he informed me that he is out of the flashlight business, but would be sending me the light I paid for soon. Time will tell???

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well what do you know! Mac emailed me today!! He said that he was very sorry, that he had lost almost all his emails. So apparently he hasn't been able to respond to all the concerns about people's flashlight orders. However he informed me that he is out of the flashlight business, but would be sending me the light I paid for soon. Time will tell???

Unfortunately, he has posted of this happening before. How does this happen more than once? And if he is out of the flashlight business, with him losing almost all of his emails, why is it not possible for him to post an update here and request those with outstanding orders (from CPF) to post so that he may keep track.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps he was using a server similar to the IRS? Just saying. :whistle:

bubble

Enlightened
If he was committed to the people who trusted him and sent him their money, he could probably trace them through Paypal and give them an update about his plan. It is up to him to get in touch to his consumers, and not the other way round.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely understand peoples frustration and hope that their issues are resolved. I've purchased several lights from Mac in the past and always received an amazing light. I truly hope he is able to continue producing his lights, they are a true symbol of US quality craftsmanship.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I received a short message from Mac stating that my light would be completed. I have faith that he will come through at some point!