Anybody know Mac's status?

Exeter354

Enlightened
I would like to think that Mac is fulfilling these orders because he realizes it's the right thing to do and not because people are filing cases against him.

For those who paid retail and waited a long time but finally got their light, here's a bit of consolation...the value of your initial investment has almost tripled! Maybe a bad investment emotionally, but certainly not on paper!

Joshgilbert

Newly Enlightened
I hope everyone who placed an order gets their lights quickly! sorry you all had to deal with this situation.

Exeter354

Enlightened
The crazy thing is...if Mac did come back, I bet people would be all in again (with certain exceptions of course). And certainly if his business model was like that of other makers where he sells only available product on hand, no future fulfillment. I think the market for his lights would be pretty darn healthy.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
The crazy thing is...if Mac did come back, I bet people would be all in again (with certain exceptions of course). And certainly if his business model was like that of other makers where he sells only available product on hand, no future fulfillment. I think the market for his lights would be pretty darn healthy.

I have often thought this same thing. I also wonder, if he did (and he is not likely going to) what it would do to the resale values? Would they hold at their current level, go up, or say if he were to go back to original prices?? Go down? Supply and demand questions. Anyways, just stuff I like to ponder.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have often thought this same thing. I also wonder, if he did (and he is not likely going to) what it would do to the resale values? Would they hold at their current level, go up, or say if he were to go back to original prices?? Go down? Supply and demand questions. Anyways, just stuff I like to ponder.

I think they are already starting to go back down since Okluma's arrival, and the JHanko Twisted Trident triple, and TnC UltraLux Triples. At least for Ti and Aluminum lights. The Brass and Copper ones are harder to come by so prices remain elevated. The Damascus ones will always stay elevated. I doubt he would go back to original prices as I think the price point was way too low which in some way probably contributed to what happened. who knows.

since the demand is large, even lights from the active makers have hit the secondary market at higher prices...

easilyled

Flashaholic
McGizmo doesn't make his customers pay until they've received a USPS shipping notice. He has been burnt by dishonest people a few times but on the the whole it works. Maybe Mac should follow this example if he ever does make a comeback.

IsaacL

Enlightened
After a 20 month wait my light should be here tomorrow, a Ti Tri EDC. I got an email from Chris saying he was truly sorry about what happened and never meant to screw anybody out of their money and he will make good on all of the outstanding orders. The tone of the email seemed quite sincere to me and my guess is that even though the wait has been substantial, Chris will ship your light eventually. I know there are some bitter people out there waiting for their light but I hope this news helps take the sting out of it a little bit.

Seems that Mac is back! :)

After a 3 year wait, I too got an email a few days ago from Chris telling me that he could ship me a Tri-EDC Friday. I have not received tracking info yet, but I am hopeful and happy to see others getting their lights.

Good luck to all.

Any news?

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I did in fact receive my light. It wasn't quite what I wanted however, I ordered an old style smooth bezel which Chris said was doable at the time. The light received was the newer style but I went ahead and told Chris to go ahead and send it rather than risk having to wait any longer. It was a beautiful light, exactly as I would expect from Mac.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Duh, that's the one that just sold, right? I've been completely out of it lately.

After an almost a two year wait, I'm glad to see you finally got something for all your trouble! :thumbsup:

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
Any news?

dWRdllj.jpg

Thanks for all of the help and encouragement Isaac! (I did a nicer write up with more pics in my 3.3.13 thread...)

PlastiqueOne

Newly Enlightened
Thanx, but The Torch takes a pack of 12 stacked 1400 Mah, 2/3A, 1.2 V in 3 coulmns of 4 batteries each.
No such thing on OverReady that I could find.

cdrake261

Enlightened
I had bought one of his drop in mag light led swap, I kick myself for ever having let it go...wish he was still making them.

p73rs

Newly Enlightened
It is 2017 now. In less than few weeks, it will be three years since I made the purchase for Tri-EDC. I thought the three-year wait was enough. So, I sent an e-mail message to Mac. His e-mail was still working (the one from comcast.com, posted in various threads at CPF). I was able to contact him.

I suggested that I file a complaint because the wait would be three years soon. At this point, it is the only option I have, too. PayPal protection has long gone. He told me to just go ahead and file the report.

I really want to receive the light. But, it sounds like it will not happen. Any refund sounds difficult, too.

It has been a while without any update, but am I the only one who have not received the light now?

I appreciate the information.

Last edited: