Anyone have experience with Illumn?

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
I purchased 2 18500 Vapcell INR18500 K15 1500mAh 15A High Discharge Flat Tops. I received button tops instead. I've been trying to reach them by email, contact form and phone. I've had no luck getting through to them. Anyone have any suggestion or experience with their customer service?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

So the button tops won't work at all for you? They are more expensive than the flatops.
If running in series, you'd need a magnet anyway, if you feel it's a length issue

edit typo

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I did some back & forth w/ them earlier this year; perhaps one or two small delays on emails, but nothing noteworthy IMO.

First class customer service for sure.

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
+

So the button tops won't work at all for you? They are more expensive than the flatops.
If running in series, you'd need a magnet anyway, if you feel it's a length issue

edit typo
The buttons don't work at all. I think the buttons are too long. I shared correspondence with Hank before the purchase and he helped me pick out the batteries to fit all 3 tubes.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
First class customer service some years ago. At one point I called them about a problem, not sure that might work now. They are at the top of my list for batteries, and flashlights if needed.

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
First class customer service some years ago. At one point I called them about a problem, not sure that might work now. They are at the top of my list for batteries, and flashlights if needed.
I've called but they have a message that says they are short staffed. I submitted a web form and sent an email. No responses. I'm a little frustrated.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've called but they have a message that says they are short staffed. I submitted a web form and sent an email. No responses. I'm a little frustrated.
Sh!t happens.. Give them a while to reply. It usually takes a couple days using website contact form, short staffed or not.
If order was their mistake, they'll send you correct flat top batteries, no charge.

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
Sh!t happens.. Give them a while to reply. It usually takes a couple days using website contact form, short staffed or not.
If order was their mistake, they'll send you correct flat top batteries, no charge.
Thank you. I'll wait them out and see what happens.

rennwerkes

Newly Enlightened
They're my go to source for batteries. Recently, they've been pretty slow responding back to emails recently but I'm sure they'll get back to you and make things right.

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
They're my go to source for batteries. Recently, they've been pretty slow responding back to emails recently but I'm sure they'll get back to you and make things right.
I heard from them last night and they are going to get the flat-tops out to me. I guess they were just busy for a couple of days. I call that good service. Sorry I doubted it.