Anyone tried these Eveready lights?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I do a LOT of that 'stare into the reflector -light OFF!' in my quest to get perfect beams.

I check a LOT of bulbs for centered filaments as well!

As a result I even have some pretty good Mag beams.

The faceted reflectors help immensly!

Azreal911

Enlightened
hey playboy or anyone else that reads this. has anyone tried running lithiums in the dorcy led light? or will this outright blow out my led? or just put in 3 lithiums instead? how does one go about making a dummy aa cell? I just thought of a even better idea, rewire the unit that holds the bulb to run on 3aa's only, put in lithiums and then with that extra aa space you put in a 3 cell mag bulb in there for emergency when you need a wicked beam throw! hmmmm i'm gonna have to check on that tonight! seems like an idea. and there's probably still space there for a 20 dollar bill. (who knows what else you need it for!)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The only LED lights I currently own are ARC AAA 1aaa, Brinkman Rebel 2aa, And Princeton Attitude 4aaa.

All have a blueish tint that I don't like.

I have driven the Brinkman up to around 12v (little dinky 12v cells) and right now have it at 4.5v (3v Lith and 1aa Lith). I can see very little difference at the various voltages making me think it is regulated.

What yellow Dorcy are we talking about anyway?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by PlayboyJoeShmoe:
The only LED lights I currently own are ARC AAA 1aaa, Brinkman Rebel 2aa, And Princeton Attitude 4aaa.

All have a blueish tint that I don't like.
------------------------------------------------

How much do you want for the ARC AAA?

Azreal911

Enlightened
oh as for the led light i'm talking about i'm talking about that dorcy solid state one. it's a four aa making it a stubby looking light. i found it at some store and find it very bright for one led (brighter than any other). the led is ground down to almost the metal. the beam is very narrow and white. dorcy makes this. if you plug in a 4 cell pr buld you have a very powerful mini searchlight! it's not bad. and not regulated, totally overdriven on 4aa's but bright. hey best of all it's cheap!

Azreal911

Enlightened
err i wouldnt compare anything really to a solitaire! it's the dimmest thing that i've owned. so i gave it to my cousin. for mini lights i just own a inova micro(on my keychain) and the pelican L1 and the mini mightylight. the mini is a incandescent and has a verrry long narrow throw for such a tiny light. i like it cause you can dive with it (if i ever dive). arc is great cause of the batteries. i'll probably own one, one day. but i've never owned a luxeon yet. so i'm thinking of a KL1 for my scorpion. Ooops price on that is higher. we're going off topic on cheapies. hahah.