Anyone using 16340 KeepPower P1634U2 3V battery's

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
with any M31 (3 volt) drop-ins?

I would like to use them, but just want to make sure there are no problems with them.

Attachments

• 16340 - 3V Output - KeepPower.01.jpg
    16340 - 3V Output - KeepPower.01.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 16340 - 3V Output - KeepPower.02 .jpg
    16340 - 3V Output - KeepPower.02 .jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 50
I haven't used that particular cell with USB. (Maybe others can chime in if voltage is okay)
I'd check OAL to make sure they fit comfortable without too much squeeze on internal parts.
You might need to use the delrin spacer, to accommodate extra length, if running 2x in MDX bodies

Great advice kg!

I purchased a pack (2) of them last Aug (2023) and have been using them in 2 of my StreamLights (a 1L-1AA and a 1L) without problem.

The StreamLights are easy to replace, and much cheaper, than my Malkoff M31's.

I'd just like to make sure before using them with my Malkoff's (M31LL's and M31LLL's) due to the cost, and at times difficulty in replacing.

Last edited:
with any M31 (3 volt) drop-ins?

I would like to use them, but just want to make sure there are no problems with them.
I recently purchased these and there was no issue fitting, but I would buy an Md body extender kit because I have found that some tailcap springs have more give than others. If the button top is not at least flush with the body, it needs an extender in my opinion. The charger will show 4.2v, but it does indeed knock down the discharge voltage to 3v and I had no problem with an m31.

Also, to take up some room, I used a piece of milk jug cut to fit the inside of the Md body and it worked great. All of the spacers I've found for that size are out of stock.

I haven't used that particular cell with USB. (Maybe others can chime in if voltage is okay)
I'd check OAL to make sure they fit comfortable without too much squeeze on internal parts.
You might need to use the delrin spacer, to accommodate extra length, if running 2x in MDX bodies
Have you seen any place to get a delrin spacer for 2-cr123 lately? Oveready has been out of stock.

I was thinking of Malkoff extender/spacer..

Mark at Lumens Factory makes some quality battery sleeves.
Ordering directly from HK gives best prices, although shipping fees will sober you up fast

Here's his eB link: Mark makes sleeves lengths for 2 cell as well.

I recently purchased these and there was no issue fitting, but I would buy an Md body extender kit because I have found that some tailcap springs have more give than others. If the button top is not at least flush with the body, it needs an extender in my opinion. The charger will show 4.2v, but it does indeed knock down the discharge voltage to 3v and I had no problem with an m31.

Also, to take up some room, I used a piece of milk jug cut to fit the inside of the Md body and it worked great. All of the spacers I've found for that size are out of stock.
Thank you md17!

That is exactly what I needed to know!

I have had a pair of the KeepPower P1634U2's since Aug. 2023, but have only used them in StreamLight 1L-1AA and a 1L

I have had NO problems with them thus far

But is much easier to replace those StreamLights than my Malkoff M31LL's and M31LLL's!

Thank you md17!

That is exactly what I needed to know!

I have had a pair of the KeepPower P1634U2's since Aug. 2023, but have only used them in StreamLight 1L-1AA and a 1L

I have had NO problems with them thus far

But is much easier to replace those StreamLights than my Malkoff M31LL's and M31LLL's!
But just to be clear, you'd have to only use 1 battery and a dummy cell in an md2. I realized my post might've been a bit confusing after reading it again. Or use it in an md1 type setup.

But just to be clear, you'd have to only use 1 battery and a dummy cell in an md2. I realized my post might've been a bit confusing after reading it again. Or use it in an md1 type setup.
Yes, I'm well aware that M31 series drop-ins are 3 V max

To be clear, I do NOT use MD2, or SF 6P's for my M31 series drop-ins, so that is NOT an issue

I use the correct bodies for the drop-ins I use

I have MDC 1CR123, MDC 1AA, and MDC 2AA bodies for my M31's

I've been using Malkoff's since 2008

My first M31 series (M31LL's) were purchased 09-20-2010

I'm NOT new to them

But thank you for your concern

Attachments

• u - 2010-09-20 - 14th Malkoff Order - 2-M31LL.jpg
    u - 2010-09-20 - 14th Malkoff Order - 2-M31LL.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 46
I have the older version 850mAh. (center on the photo- KP RCR123A 3-volts)
As you can see, it's relatively tall over unprotected 16340 and CR123. It's actually a standard li-ion cell but with added regulating (and charging) circuit. Regulated voltage output is at 3volts, and when the capacity is depleted and current (mA) could no longer support the required voltage, it cuts-off. No tapering. Just plain black-out. Make sure to plan on backups.

20210716_131802.jpg

I have the older version 850mAh. (center on the photo- KP RCR123A 3-volts)
As you can see, it's relatively tall over unprotected 16340 and CR123. It's actually a standard li-ion cell but with added regulating (and charging) circuit. Regulated voltage output is at 3volts, and when the capacity is depleted and current (mA) could no longer support the required voltage, it cuts-off. No tapering. Just plain black-out. Make sure to plan on backups.

View attachment 63934

Thank you for your response and picture!

Have you seen any place to get a delrin spacer for 2-cr123 lately? Oveready has been out of stock.
Lighter and cheaper than Delrin