Arc-AAA Pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a AAA-Premium last night and emailed for quick-shipping (receipt# 1435). Can't wait to get it. As for Spyderco knives, I EDC an Endura with a plain-edged black blade.

mexmbj

Newly Enlightened
Well, I will have to wait to order my lights since I despise PayPal. So hopeully the credit card method will come on-line soon.

The_virus

Enlightened
Since I've never known the sweetness of an Arc flashlight yet, I'm waiting for the retail packaging to be done. I'm not 100% set up with PayPal, which is a good excuse to wait a bit as well. I'll place an order as soon as I can use PayPal the way I want to.

AgaBoogaBoo

Newly Enlightened
Peter, a simple and easy to use CC processor is 2Checkout, www.2checkout.com.

If you're interested, contact me and I'll give you more details. If you're going to sign up with them, please let me know, they do have an affiliate program or something so you might as well sign up under me, I use them to process large amounts of money for my hosting business.

Matsan

Newly Enlightened
I received shipping notice from AZ yesterday morning,and Fedex said I can expect to receive the lights TODAY in Tokyo!

How small the globe is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Thanks for quick shipping option,Peter and Merri.

nightshade

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Anti_Candescent said:
How's the color match on yours? Mine is two tone. Actually looks kind of cool, but its got an extremely dark head, very light body. I see the split ring of death is still in use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Great brightness. i always want more, my Freedom is whiter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the late response, mowing the soggy lawn between tropical storm and possible hurricane .Mine is two toned ,but only due to the knurling texture, the lamp end and tail end match closely. I am unforgiving to any flashlight finish. I hope to see a unanodized version in the future. The brightness and tint are more than acceptable for me. Knocks the socks off my previous Arc's.
I view very cheap 25 pair Cat.3 telecomm cable in a completely dark room to test workin' mans tint. Passed with flying colors, (pun intended) able to distinguish pairs easily. Anti, how does the spill compare to the Peak model?

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
There is no comparison. It blows it away. The Peak actually has good spill with the new design, but the Arc is at a new level. I'm going to post a better picture later, that one doesn't do it justice. What's amazing looking at that photo is that's three leds vs ONE! I'll include a 5led AA peak in the replacement photo to really give a feel for how much light comes from the Arc. I have actually been under the dishwasher today with both the Peak and Arc (and an old Arc) Very nice work Peter.
Wish you well with the hurricane coming.

SAK

Newly Enlightened
Got my Premiums today.
The brightness improvement over my old LE is amazing!

I got more than I bargained for:
- an extra split ring,
- an extra battery,
- and... Peter's autograph!

Thanks MTD!

Anti Candescent, what does the split ring of death refer to?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are the first to mention the extras SAK. Those 3 extras are not what is normally included with the light. It is a little thank you for the first few orders or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But after that, the light will be shipped as per the normal kit.

Btw, the black split ring is a new magnesium alloy with a black oxide coating. It is 25% stronger, weighs less but the finish is not as hardy as the chromed ones so it won't be a regular item.

Peter

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha! I thought that was an extra ORing. I didnt look at it that close till now. I had Peters autograph...till I opened the package...and ripped it. :'( Its mostly intact at least. Im sure it'l be worth something more soon. So far so good with the light, although its been only 7 hours.

Cameron

txmatt

Enlightened
Ordered mine Saturday, it shipped yesterday, and got it today. It's everything I expected after reading the reviwers and knowing the reputation of the previous version.

vwdriver

Newly Enlightened
Peter emailed me on 6\6\05 to say light would ship next week, But what do I find in my inbox this evening? A Fedex Tracking number from the wonderful people at ARC. Under promise and over deliver! Thanks Peter and Merri

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Mine is shipped but USPS. I have a PO box in my address but the street address works for FedEx/UPS. Should have mentioned that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Better that it goes to PO anyway. It is less likely to be as noticed as the FedEx truck pulling up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
"Is there an invoice in that box dear?"

LowWorm

Enlightened
Peter and Merri, the light is gorgeous (like the iPod of the flashlight world, but better), the extras were a treat, and the shipping was super fast. I too will be pinching pennies to hopefully put in a larger order in the future. This is one light that pulls its weight and then some, and would make a great gift.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been trying to control myself but alas I have given in and I ordered one too. I wonder how long it'll take to get to Australia! Woe is my wallet (not that Arcs are that expensive) since I came to CPF.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Grox Peter sent mine yesterday, and Fedex tells me i'll get it on Monday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Going off tracking, it should be landing in Sydney in the wee hours of Friday morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif Oooh and the extras! Thanks Peter!

Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts