Arc AAA quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Newly Enlightened
I have a Arc AAA LE that I have been carrying faithfully for over 2 years. I loved it! A couple of weeks ago, it got real dim, flickered, and went out. I have cleaned everything with alcohol and tried scraping the bottom of the barrel with a small screwdriver. I cleaned everything with a pencil eraser. It will not even flicker. All this was done with a new battery. Has my LED burned out? I used this flashlight several times a day. Does anyone on this newsgroup repair AAA's? I would love to get this one repaired if I could. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

greenLED

Flashaholic
look for the Arc FAQ. This may be a problem with the neg contact becoming faulty. In that case you have to tap the crimp tighter. Alternatively, the positive contact may have become flattened by use. To fix this, reshape the solder blob.

These are general ideas, you will find lots of repair tips by searching the Arc forum. Good luck!

cy

Flashaholic
I've got a working ARC AAA head if you can't get it working. most generally problem is battery leaking or board to head contact.

have you look closely down the barrel at the batt post?

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple diagnostic test you can do.

Stack the ArcAAA head on top of a single AA or AAA cell. Lay them on the table so the Negative of the cell is facing you. Take a piece of wire. Connect the negative of the cell to the threads of the ArcAAA head.

If done correctly, your ArcAAA head should light up. If not consider it replaced by cy.

arcaaa_wire_battery.jpg

-vince

Status
Not open for further replies.