Arc @ SHOT Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check us out at booth 6393. Merri, Henry and I are all here. We are in an excellent location so we are getting lots of floor traffic.

Jeff (mr. ted bear) came by and took our picture, I will post it later today when we figure out how to upload it..
smile.gif

I will try to post more later today.

See you guys soon!

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, here's pics (more to come, it's been a long day...)

Here's Jeff (Mr. Ted Bear). We had lunch with him.

shot101.jpg

Here's the resort were we will have the GT. We have the patio. It might be cold, so bring a jacket.

shot104.jpg

Our Nichia rep came by and showed us a sample of their 2 watt white LED.

shot110.jpg

shot113.jpg

Here's Lighthouse and Henry posing for the camera.

shot115.jpg

Peter

R

RayW

I have been a lurker here for a while and finally decided to log on and say Thank You to Peter and Merri, met them at the shot show and was treated to the legendary Arc customer service. It was cool to see so many Arc flashlights in one place and of course i had to purchase a 2 AA clickie pack. If you get the chance to attend the show GO.

Thank you again Peter and Merri, hope the Arc team has a great time down here in Orlando.

ray

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was nice to meet you too Ray! We love our customers!

--

More on the show...

Today was a blur. The show started at 9am and the next thing I new they were turning out the lights and it was 5:30pm. We are in a great spot and got a lot of traffic! Met a lot of new people. Haven't seen a lot of CPF'ers though
frown.gif

In the afternoon, Henry and I took a walk around to check out some of the other manufacturers.

We tried to talk to David Allan at LRI but he was surrounded by too many fans. He looked our way and I am sure he spotted our badges. I hear he is a nice guy. Maybe we can talk to him tomorrow.

We stopped by Tektite and talked to (have to find his name in my notes). Nice and friendly, showed us his new LS product. Its powered by 3 C cells and drives a LD through a fraen optic. Nice beam, good run time. Plastic, waterproof, should be a great price.

Talked to the lightwave couple. They didn't have a booth but they stopped by and helped us gang up on the Lumileds rep (Dave) who stopped by. I really was impressed by how nice the lightwave people are. Didn't know of any new products from them yet.

We are going to try to get over to CMG tomorrow. Rumor has it that they have a single AAA light.

We also are going to check out a spanish company that looks like they ripped most of our LS design.

More to come..

Peter

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, that is a nice resort.

wow it is a 2w nichia led!! i suppose you don't have any more info?

ripped off your designs!
icon8.gif
i hope it isn't anything too serious.

B@rt

Flashaholic
From this site:
Nichia LEDs exhibit 10 times
increased power
Japan—The company's InGaN LEDs are claimed to have 10 times the power of current devices — consuming up to 2W (350mA) while producing 23 lumens for the white LED, 7 lumens for blue, 28 lumens for blue-green, and 20 lumens for the green device.

The LEDs feature larger InGaN chips that are housed in heat- and UV-resistant surface-mount packages, which can be installed using standard automated assembly methods, including solder reflow.

The NSCx180F inorganic package includes InGaN chips that emit 100mW of 380nm UV light at 500mA. The 1mm² device offers a thermal resistance of 15°C/W and a lifespan of 100,000h.

The NSCx190D includes a resin optic lens and measures 11.2-by-7.2-by-6mm. It dissipates heat using an integrated cooper heat sink, offering a thermal resistance of 8°C/W. The device has a lifespan of 50,000h.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
02APR22C.JPG

winkie.GIF

Not sure if the specs are still up to date..

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Gransee, we want pics of the new stuff and of course you Merry and Henry.

I wish I were there. A hunting guide buddy of mine has a booth there as well.

Yall have fun.

Streak

Enlightened
Hi Peter and family.
Have a great time at the show. There will be a few visitors from South Africa, treat them nicely and send back some toys with them for me!!

Joel

Anarchocap

Enlightened
Peter,
Thanks for the update! That Nichia 2 Watt looks great! How does it compare to a 1 Watt LS? What about cost and availability?

Seems like Luxeon could have some good competition there if Nichia can actually produce it consistently...

R

RayW

Dave, i had my Spyderco cliped on my pocket and on my belt was a Leatherman in a holster along side my ArcLs and no one said anything. There were more security personel around than when i was down there last month. In all of the stuff sent out by the shotshow the only warning i remember reading was no personal firearms are allowed on the convention floor.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today's update:

My aircard internet connection died last night. It is now a $400 paperweight. I borrowed it from a friend so I will have to get him a new one unless it starts to work again. It was nice as fast while it worked (153kps!).

Now I am on a 14.4kps cell modem..
frown.gif
But at least I can still post for your enjoyment.

Visited a lot of other flashlight companies so far. Yesterday we went over to Surefire and talked to Paul and looked at his 5watt. I undersatand Streamlight also has their 5w on display. I should tell you that both of these are underdriven, which as we expected, will be the norm for 5w implimentations.

The pics...

Henry and George (GeorgeOrl)

shot20.jpg

George demonstrating his E3C 200L incandescent
mod.

shot21.jpg

Henry holding a 5watt lattern made by Steve Lamb (springboard).

shot31.jpg

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me and Tim with Adventure Lights. His V.I.P. light originated the "clock style" of LED lights. You rotate the bezel to get different uC modes. Adventure Lights is in Canada and Tim is a first rate nice guy.

shot41.jpg

Me, Dallas and David Allen (LRI). I was very impressed with how personable and friendly David and his wife are. He gave us all gifts of photons. He also gave Merri one of the Rave'N lights (which she loves to play with).

shot45.jpg

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.