Arc Stories from New York Blackout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My situation is different from most on CPF. I am at home home most of the time, and away from the house, maybe a maximum of 16 hours per month.

paulr

Flashaholic
Charles, it's very unlikely that the "wasted" AAA would be needed later. As mentioned in my original post, I had a pack of twelve of them, plus several spare AAA alkalines. If the blackout had lasted anywhere near long enough for AAA batteries to be a problem with no relief supplies coming in, I'd have been far too preoccupied dealing with the resulting famine and riots to think about how to power my silly keychain flashlight. I only did the runtime test because I had plenty of those AAA's to spare and lots of time on my hands.

E

EchoSierraTwo

When I cause another blackout, I'll let you know how mine faired! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
Tiger,
How many times we said "No playing around power plants?"
You bad bad boy, no LSH-P for you for one week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I was in the SUBWAY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif but I got very lucky, as my train happened to be in Times Square Station /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Took out the ARC-LS to guide folks out of the station (1/9 train if your wondering)

Got home, and my wife had the gaglight out. She can never find small lights (she misplaces them), so I bought her a 3D mag long before I knew of this forum. I went upstairs, and got her one of my ARC-AAAs, which she used the rest of the night. I started doing my ham radio emergency stuff (station setup and then note taking) with my EDC ARC-AAA. The LS was just TOO bright for taking notes. Got called out to help the Red Cross. Used my LS while with the ERV in downtown Flushing. We then got called out for fire duty - at the first site, I didn't NEED a flashlight, at the 2nd site, I really wish I had a high dome, or even my surefire with me, as I could have used a bit more throw to do damage assesment of the 2nd floor from the ground. By the 3rd site, the "regular" Red Cross dammage assesment guy was borrowing my LS to go into the fire scene (fire was long out).

Folks were impressed. 2 friends have ordered AAAs in the last day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.