Are Maglite a vanishing brand?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get the point of the ML25LT..the Minimag Pro beats it on almost every point except throw.

If anything the increased competition evens out the choices more....Mag steps up their game to compete....consumer wins.

Raw numbers don't tell the whole story between the ML25LT and the MM Pro since the 2C ML25LT is regulated and maintains consistent brightness. There is a pretty good thread on it if you care to look.Don't want to hi-jack the OP's thread for the full explanation.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have to say despite not finding what I wanted. The mini Mag Pro I got is very impressive for an AA light. Fit and finish is spot on and the beam is good too. The tint a little cool, but no horrid colour cast. And output and throw very good. But it is quite big for a 2AA light. Too big to EDD while an Incan one is more pocket friendly.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have to say despite not finding what I wanted. The mini Mag Proni got is very impressive for an AA light. Fit and finish is spot on and the beam is good too. The tint a little cool, but no horrid colour cast. And output and throw very good. But it is quite big for a 2AA light. Too big to EDD while an Incan one is more pocket friendly.

Glad you like the MM Pro but still bummed you didn't get one of the others.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Plenty of mags around here. Home Depot, OSH, Lowes, Target, Walmart, etc. Their shelf space has diminished over the past 10 years or so though, as others have mentioned.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
However I was on holiday (vacation :sssh: ) in Florida last month. So I thought it'd be ideal opportunity to top up on some of the newer Mag offerings.

On my hit list were:

-AAA Mini Mag LED
-XL200
-ML25LT

And maybe a ML300L.

But I was met with huge disappointment :( :( :(

I went in at least 7-8 stores, including a couple of Lowes, Target, Home Depot and Walmart. From Sarasota to Orlando.

And some had no Maglites at all and some only a few, but none of the ones I wanted.

I forgot about the 2 AAA Mini Mag LED! When they first came out it seemed like most of the big box stores carried them and for some reason none carried the LED Solitaire. Now most carry the LED solitaire but not the 2 AAA Mini Mag LED.....except for home depot that still carry the 2 AAA Mini. In the hd's by me they do not keep them in the flashlight section, but near the check out lanes and/or on the sides of the battery display at the front of the store. For black Friday they also had them bundled in blister packs with a 2AA Mini Mag Pro. These were either 98 lumen or 111 lumen (the 111 lumen is noticeably a bit brighter and the 98 lumen has noticeably more throw).

I think the 2AAA Mini Mag LED's are great lights! They are the exact same size as the old 9 lumen incan 2 AAA mini Mags but a whole lot brighter with good throw. At around $15 the price is right too. I wish they would make a Plus version with about a 10 lumen low mode.

As for the 2AA Pro Plus, I have never seen them in a brick and mortar store; these seem to be slow sellers (Mag apparently has not yet started to make the Pro Plus with the newer XPG2 emitter used in the current Pro). Still, the Pro Plus is one of my favorites because of the low mode which is what I use most of the time.

Same thing for the XL200.....never seen one in a brick and mortar.

By me, the 2C ML25LT is sold at walmarts, but it seems some do not carry them (yet?) or they are often out of stock. Another great light!

I have seen the 3C ML25LT's at home depot and target.

Sorry you didn't find the ones you were looking for. I'm kinda surprised that stores in FL don't have a better selection of flashlights considering that they often get hit with hurricanes.

The next time you visit the US, you might want to check on line which stores actually have the lights you are interested in in stock. Another thing you could do is order online at the home depot, target or walmart sites using the site to store system so that you could have the items waiting for you to pick up at the store when you are going to be in the area. The web sites often have a bigger selection than are found in their local stores.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP at Lowes and HD there are TWO flashlight sections. The first one will be down one of the hardware isles there will be a few Mags, lots of Coasts etc. The second flashlight section at either store is in one of the check out lanes usually one of the middle ones there will be a mad rack of Mags mostly, a couple more Coasts. Lowes keeps most their big Mags up front in the register lane. HD has them in both places. Wal Mart has a massive light wall in the back in sporting goods. My local Wally worlds have lots of Mags. So if you ever return check those places. Zbattery is alright Ive dealt with them a couple times got some 3xAA to D series adapters from them so I could stuff my 700 lumen Malkoff drop in into a 2 D.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Alberta Canada I have been noticing a drastic drop in Maglite products. Lowes just finished liquidating the ML300 3D. Canadian Tire's Maglite offerings have diminished greatly to a couple of products. Even Home Depot's offerings are decreasing. Walmart only sells Mags online...zero shelf space from the stores I have been in.

Unclebbob46

Newly Enlightened
Maglites errwhere here in North AL.
It is a brand I myself no longer use tho. Better, much better stuff out there.