are the 6ps on edc+ brand new?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bravo Wicky.

Welcome to your new life long habit. Meetings are on Tuesdays and a procrastinator group meeting is held whenever enough people show up to have a quarum of three.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bravo Wicky.

Welcome to your new life long habit. Meetings are on Tuesdays and a procrastinator group meeting is held whenever enough people show up to have a quarum of three.

thanks B, like i tell the wife i could be spending it on drugs or running the streets . atleast theyll be put to good use.

my dad is a big light guy himself, nowhere near a forum type guy as he still cant figure out how to truely use a laptp but can somehow be a superintendent of a chemical plant lol but im slowly graduating alot of his lights for him . he uses alot of 18650 lights which is what i got him last year was a charger and a few cells.

nextll be something more custom (im hoping)

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
Just snagged 3 NIB off auction and today received 2 Malkoff drop ins. A M61 and M61N. Both rock.
Im having fun ask asking friends and family which they like better once it got dark.
Gotta get a third drop in and Im headed back to Malkoff as I really wanna run primary's in these lights.

Edit to add: the battery's are 2018 and 2019 and they are running the lights like fresh.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
thanks B, like i tell the wife i could be spending it on drugs or running the streets . atleast theyll be put to good use.

my dad is a big light guy himself, nowhere near a forum type guy as he still cant figure out how to truely use a laptp but can somehow be a superintendent of a chemical plant lol but im slowly graduating alot of his lights for him . he uses alot of 18650 lights which is what i got him last year was a charger and a few cells.

nextll be something more custom (im hoping)

My boss was asked if he had finished his annual online performance review. He looked at the lady next to him and asked "did we ever finish that?" Yet somehow he manages to build a custom steering wheel for an old Volkswagon he is restoring for his wife by using an iPhone app. Then orders it from a place across the planet from him because it's $200 cheaper.

Often times bosses who 'claim' to struggle with computers can navigate things they want to just fine.
My pop (rip) haaaaaaated computers. Late in his life I found out he used to write (punchcard) software in the 80's but later claimed a mouse was "too complicated".

I'm pretty sure he would not like a flashlight with levels. To him a slider switch was complicated enough.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Was their ever a clicky 6P?
I bought a clicky tail cap for one of mine from SureFire. Dam thing was DOA out of the package. I use a lot of clicky lights but have never had 100% confidence in them like a twisty.
I got the clicky working but still……

ven

Flashaholic
Got the light and it is a twisty version and it looks like it is the real deal and not a fake

The only flavour they came in as far as i am aware. Momentary and tighten for constant. You can easily fit a McClicky switch if it would be preferred though.
Congrats on one of the "best" flashlights in the world :D

akula88

Enlightened
I had an impulse buy because of this thread. :) Finally got my brand-new 6P from my local PO.

Got it from a vendor at 'bay. He had a few stocks during the time I bought it. CR123s have 02-2028 expiration date.

TomK85

Newly Enlightened
I had an impulse buy because of this thread. :) Finally got my brand-new 6P from my local PO.

Got it from a vendor at 'bay. He had a few stocks during the time I bought it. CR123s have 02-2028 expiration date.

Got a link?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I thought they stopped making the 6P in 2016. A pair of batteries from 018 could mean that was one of the last ones left in the stockpile and fresh batteries were packaged with it.

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
So I've purchased from auction and EDCplus. All new OS in pkg and the ones from edcplus are the ones with the more aggressive knurling. I prefer these.