Are there any problems with the Muyshondt Aeon CR2?

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Aeon rocks & so does Enrique. I've got the dark blue HA, and one day I opened it and the gold spring was broken off. I emailed Enrique and asked if I should solder it back on. He asked if I had tried to mod it - I said no - my idea of modding is changing a drop in on a 6P or changing guts in a switch. He told me to send it back to him & he took care of it for me. First rate. Fantastic product. I had Nautilus & sold it - for me the Aeon is perfect size - either small like that, or 6P sized.

Mine rides in style in stingray AOTH holster.

Illum

Flashaholic
its also interesting to note that the foam in mine somehow got sticky [though I can't feel it by hand] manages to hold the cell quite steady everytime I need to replace it.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
does anyone have a picture of one of these next to a Quark mini-123?
You might want to also see it next to a couple lights which use the same CR2 power source, namely the MiNi CR2. :devil:

Another light that is already in many of our hands would be the EZCR2. Looking at my Ion and EZCR2w side by side I'd say the Ion is about 7mm shorter and a touch fatter.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Give me 15 minutes (while I charge up the camera battery) and I'll have a shot of the Aeon, EZ CR2, QMini 123 and Lummii Raw NS.

D.mn batteries, wish the camera could take an AW 18650 :)

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Here's the photo you asked for, along with a few other torches.

From left to right, EZ CR2, QMini 123, Aeon and and a Lummii Raw NS.

Small_Lights.jpg

Aeon is a great torch, I've had absolutely no issues with it and the battery does seem to last a lot longer than other torches.

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened
I have owned the AEON CR2 for a few years now. This light is the one that goes in my pocket every day. I may carry a backup, and usually do, but when I need light this is the one I use. and I "do" use it every day. I have never had any problem that even resembles the problem you describe. The only time it starts to "act up" I find, is when the battery becomes very low, or the lights contact points need cleaning. After I take care of those routine maintenance needs, it is as good as new. And I must add this light is the only light I own that the ano. is hard as a rock. It does not wear off like some of the other "type 3" ano. lights out there. If the others are type three then the AEON is a type five in my books. Probly no such thing but it is simply a extremely durable finish of any I have ever owned. When my AEON becomes my back up is on night hikes. It is then I bring my HDS clicky out and it is my primary light then.

Last edited:

Latest posts