So I got an armored bus right??

long arm - Modified Goalkeeper CIWS mounted on the armored bus
handgun - Pfeifer-Zeliska .600 Nitro Express Magnum
melee weapon - Large battle axe
last ditch weapon - Good ol' brass knuckles
EDC items - Novatac EDC 120P, Leatherman Charge Ti, reliable pocket lighter

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
Might as well bring along some politicians. Maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger with a minigun and Sara Palin riding shotgun.

Chuck289

Enlightened
So I got an armored bus right??

long arm - Modified Goalkeeper CIWS mounted on the armored bus
handgun - Pfeifer-Zeliska .600 Nitro Express Magnum
melee weapon - Large battle axe
last ditch weapon - Good ol' brass knuckles
EDC items - Novatac EDC 120P, Leatherman Charge Ti, reliable pocket lighter

Yes!! I love the CIWS idea!

and the .600 nitro express..... lol

roguesw

Enlightened
Long Arm: Ar-15
Handgun: Desert Eagle .50 Cal
melee weapon: Japanese Katana
1 last ditch weapon: grenade (usefull for us too)
edc 1: ArcMania KL4 with Osram LED + butt load of batteries
edc 2: Lighter
edc 3: Small knife

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Longarm - sawed off DB 12 G.
Sidearm - Tauras arms Judge .410/45 long colt combo platter
Melee - Gransfors Bruks wildlife hatchet
Last Ditch - Spyderco Tenacious folder
1-Maglite XL 100
1-Body armor / neck / gloves /and Kevlar Brain Bucket
1-500 ft. Hank of GITD paracord
misc.....Parnass's phone number to ask him how to rig the zombie trip wire.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
The .22 is an effective zombie weapon. Once zombies are 'zombified', their bones only get weaker and more brittle over time. They do not have the regenerative properties we enjoy. The .22 will easily penetrate the skull. Plus is readily available and I can carry a lot of it.

Read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. The information in there may save your life someday.

I have not read that book, but totally agree with you. Since moving to Pittsburgh in 2006, Zombies are somewhat prevalent here in the local culture. So it is a topic I often discuss with my friends.

I have:

long arm - Colt M4 .22lr rifle
handgun - Sigsauer Mosquito.22lr
melee weapon - Samurai sword (blunt or sharp, will do nicely to concentrate force to a single point)
last ditch weapon - ASP batons 26" and 19" (both with surefire baton lights)
edc - Milky Candle (plenty of long low light life), Seraph P7 SF M6, Surefire Porcupine (can be used as last ditch weapon), Strider SF (will break concrete can definitely kill zombies)

Other things people dont think about:

Shemagh (my scarf from Iraq) used to cover up mouth from any contaminated fluids getting into my mouth.

Oakley S.I. M-frames (military issue) for eye protection.

Full seal goggles with thermal lens treatment. Protect those eyes. Just watch "28 days later". guy looks up and diseased body leaks blood/fluid into the guy's eye and he turns into zombie.

Camel back with filter

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
no zombie tripwire here...but has a design concept for an area denial defense system

zombies will still operate if left intact, so my proposition would be to leave nothing except probably a crater, using only easily procured instruments and probably create a list of procedures for civil defense emergencies

the issue is, of course, legality prevents me from actually making prototypes:(

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Freak accident in super secret bio genetic research lab turns everyone except you and a few others into ravenous zombies.

You got your armored bus parked outside the Home Depot you barricaded yourself in so now spec out your Bug Out Bag.

1 long arm
1 handgun
1 melee weapon
1 last ditch weapon
3 EDC items

Go!

1 Titanium EOS (running liion of course) on a leash hooked to my Husquarna (fully gased 5gal gerry can in the back of the truck)

Goggles, paper hazmat suit & a bunch of heavy duty nitrile gloves.

Purelle(?) bandolier...(germaphobe).:shrug: of the trial sizes & spare lithiums
And Freemartin Janet Napolitano to lead us to bloody victory!!!

Who's with me:popcorn:?

Chainsaws and AAA's keylights will lead the way!

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah I forgot to mention these must have items:

Night vision goggles preferably with infrared heat vision.

Titanium mesh chainmail anti shark bite suit. If sharks can't get thru, I'm sure zombies can get thru.

Possibly those scent lock hunting clothes. That is if zombies use smell to identify humans.

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
Going way out there with a mix from several authors...

1 long arm - plasma rifle
1 handgun - flashlight laser
1 melee weapon - light saber or variable sword
1 last ditch weapon - 2x4 from Home Depot
3 EDC items-electronic thumb, Leatherman, fire starter

hk dave

Newly Enlightened
1 long arm: DDM4 with Eotech 517, Eotech G23 and custom surefire g2
1 handgun: H&K USP 40
1 melee weapon: Benchmade 155 Fixed Presidio 6" Blade (although I'm thinking more ammo would be better)
1 last ditch weapon: Ankle holstered Glock 19
3 EDC items: Surefire E2DL, Benchmade Barrage, Type IV Nightvision

Databyter

Enlightened
1 long arm - Mossberg 590A1 With light and bayonet mount. This weapon holds 9+1 rounds internally (12 Ga. 2 3/4 Shells), and with a side saddle and speed feed stock you can more than double that for 20 rounds on your weapon before you need to look for more in your pockets.
1 handgun - Springfield XDM 40 S&W with laser sight. This weapon ships with 2 stainless steel 16 round magazines, that's a lot of firepower for a comfortable and portable .40
1 melee weapon - Aluminum Baseball Bat
1 last ditch weapon - Small Hatchet with hammerhead. Firemans tool is perfect for this and can be reversed, extended, Butt of the handle is an extendable crowbar tip, also good for downward stabbing when not extended and used for crowbar. etc.)
3 EDC items - Tactical/utility light, probably a mid sized Fenix, Multipurpose survival knife or bayonet, Multi-tool (such as a leatherman).

Basing my weapons on Zombie characteristics, i.e. need to basically brain them to kill them. Both the shotgun and the .40 can brain a zombie with one shot close up. Laser sight on the .40 helps with longer shots where more accuracy is needed.

The bat is light but can brain a zombie within several hits. I'd prefer a heavier one, but for carry purposes aluminum wins out slung over the shoulder for those low ammo situations.

Last ditch is good for close in fighting and also for survival. Small hatchets aren't too heavy, Firemans tool is really nice to carry, and easy to strap on. hammer side is useful for fight and survival, hatchet side can split open zombie brain cavity (hammer to mush out contents).

Basing my choice of EDC's and last ditch on the need to survive and break into buildings for food and supplies.

p.s. I disagree with .22 rounds being effective, you have to do a lot of damage to basically kill something that is already for all practical purposes dead. Zombies will continue to attack even while being stabbed and shot with broken bones. A 22 would kill a normal person with a headshot (sometimes) but probably wouldn't phase a zombie unless two or three shots connected, you really need to remove or puree the brains which a larger caliber will do better. remember a crowd of zombies can attack you at any moment, how many shots do you want to use for each one? Now in a non zombie survival situation, I think a .22 lr outfit is worth talking about.
(knives are useless, swords are good though for decapitiation. Much easier to just bash the heads though for melee).

I'm glad we had this talk.

Last edited:

andyw513

Enlightened
Mossberg 590 Persuader (Sidesaddle)
Springfield 1911A1 (Night Sights, extended mags)
Baseball Bat (youth bat, for less weight and easier swinging)
Last Ditch: Taurus Judge for when they can run faster than you can!
3 EDC: Tactical light, possibly LED with a strobe to disorient
Maybe my Ka-Bar will become an EDC?
Extra batteries and ammo will be a must for the third EDC.

Latest posts