Armored backpack...

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McGizmo:

Be frank, do you like the Pak?
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Having been Darell all my life, I haven't a clue as to how to "be frank," sorry.

But whooooo boy, do I like this pack! Camelbak has about 342 new models out, but this is the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned.

I'm beginning to think that this will be my last post for a few weeks, but I've been thinking that all day...

{quiet, Ryan!}

InTheDark

Enlightened
How about chicken wire to line the inside of the pack? I think that's what a lot of people do to prevent theft, it's cheap, light, and doesn't show from the outside. The mesh is small enough to contain most things, but small items might fall through

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think the bicycle brake lines would work well for the straps. Hard enough to cut when you have the right tools and time.

I don't think the screening would help much. I would see about the Pac Safe product and see if you could secure it *inside* the pack. Perhaps turn it inside-out, then fit the pac-safe, then get some sort of iron-on material to secure it down or, if you have the time, sew it on.

For extra credit, secure the bicycle cable to the pacsafe.

I got some spectra cord and while it is a bit more difficult to cut, it is not super difficult. It would make it strong, but perhaps not cut proof. Dunno about the kevlar.

-john