Armytek Predator Pro V3 Limited Edition

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
MH27 is kinda a funky design but its perfectly functional. Output and range claims I believe are pretty spot on. Love that its thermally regulated. Love that the secondary colored emitters are so much brighter than on the SRT7. As for vs the V3 Pro HI to my eyes the two lights throw the same range with the AT having a much cleaner and more well defined profile as the AT does not have the extra little reflector wells causing artifacts the NC does. That being said my new Thrunite TN4A HI kills them both. My new ET S200C2 also kills them both in terms of throw.

SoundWorx you got your AT off the AT site or another retailer? These lights are not cheap and AT claims of being the most technically advanced flashlights in the world will not come true until they actually hire quality control inspectors that actually reject bad lights from passing into the shipping warehouse. Love my Dobermann Pro HI its actually my favorite of my 3 V3 AT's. It is just more pocketable, has crazy high output and throws like a bat out of hell for a light its size. I do not have another light its size that has the output or throw of the AT.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interested, but even more interested in a working light that continues to work for starters.

Yeah, there's some disconnect between the designers and management right now it seems, thus can change with a little luck and good feedback.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay I agree on the TN4A but I have the ET and the AT right in front of me they are almost the same size the ET has a wider deeper reflector. Sure the ET only has 3 modes and is very basic but its just as bright and out throws the AT. Of course the ET does not have the super nice anodization it doesnt take 4 cell types etc...just brought it up because I was just plain shocked when I got the much cheaper new HI ET and it just flat out smoked right out the box. To bad theres no optional rubber tail boot that would allow it to tailstand like the more pricey ET's also did not come with a holster which was surprising. So the AT is still worth it for being chock full of features no other lights have and it comes with a very nice holster to boot.

AdamDaze

Newly Enlightened
1.86 vs 1.57 (mh27) inch heads. It's bulkier. Damn right it throws further.

SoundWorx

Newly Enlightened
Bought it from goinggear.com, had it a couple days now and man for it's size it really throws well. It does out do my p25 but I expected that.

Looking at specs I thought the DP XP-L HI would fit my fenix headband but it's a tad big. Overall I'm impressed with it.

SoundWorx

Newly Enlightened
Oh yea, got a complaint in the DP, it needs a taller and capable tail cap. Don't care for the exposed button.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree the AT's would benefit greatly from say a hard rubber boot you can put on the tail that would allow it to tailstand like most Eagletacs come with. The AT does indeed throw well for its size the beam profile with the thick corona is pretty unique. Also got to add I just got my replacement Viking Pro the other day the first one had an emitter 2mm off center the beam was awful. Am extremely pleased with this correct Viking Pro it is stonkingly bright and functions 100 percent correctly no glitches at all a great light.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can find no faults in my Armytek Limited Edition Pre as far as artefacts or beam focussing.

The beam is much more brighter and throwier than my older Predator Pro 2.5 Edition.

The older V2.5 can be programmed to do far more things than this new V3 model.

I think they kept this one a simpler version without a lot of the whistles and bells that the 2.5 edition had.

I am not sure whether the 2.5 edition is still available.

I am happy with both although I will probably use the V3 model more as it is brighter and has that extra throw.

CHEERS

SoundWorx

Newly Enlightened
A rubber cap would be good. I was thinking if it was an actual tail stand cap it would prevent accidental activation.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Predator Pro v3 HI warm came in today along with extra 2x tube -ordered at same time via email, 5$.

Last edited:

Hoodzy

Newly Enlightened
Its is a beast!! I have beaten it up alot, i threw it off my roof, and froze it in the freezer xD
12936502_595249447309472_1333661324705649135_n.jpg
12998550_595249587309458_6215527513603290150_n.jpg
12963636_595249600642790_1598638772178661152_n.jpg

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
That is the Barracuda v2 tube that fits the Predator and Dobermann. Probably bought from Armytek. Good to know it is only 5 dollars.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
eh4 do you notice an output increase with this set up? I cannot find the 2x tube anywhere not even on the AT site

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wrote and asked them to sell it to me, and ship with my order. It isn't on their site, but should be. Probably same deal with extra switch caps, L rings, and glass.
Five dollars with your order or 5$ +10$ shipping ala carte.
I explained in email what I wanted to do, was given a paypal link, paid it, and added my original order # in the PayPal comment section, asking again that they be shipped together for redundancy sake. It worked.

I don't think it's brighter, the light is very bright though, I believe that the buck/boost driver should be drawing less from each protected battery.
The idea is to extend runtimes including on max, so it should be brighter in the sense of being brighter-longer anyways.

Right about 8.75" OAL and 9.6 oz. including the 2 Orbtronic protected batteries.
[vs. about 5.7 oz and 6"OAL for 1x configuration.]
The weight balance is about .25" forward of center so it feels balanced gripped like a pen, or drumstick, etc.
Cigar grip isn't too bad, a bit ungainly that way.
Personally I'd like a side switch on the head for this configuration, and a solid tailcap, Maglight style.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you for that info! I will shoot AT an email. Yes the Pro HI is very high output and I love it. From what I understand the 2x extender should work on the Dobermann not to sure about the Viking Pro...

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
thank you for that info! I will shoot AT an email. Yes the Pro HI is very high output and I love it. From what I understand the 2x extender should work on the Dobermann not to sure about the Viking Pro...

Try the tube of your predator or doberman on the Viking. If it works, the Barracuda 2 cells tube will fit.