Armytek Wizard narrow the beam

BGinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased an Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XHP50 (2300 lm). The headlight has a tremendous output of light that goes everywhere. It doesn't seem to even have a hot-spot. The textured lens is designed to defuse the beam. For many applications, I would prefer a narrower beam that concentrated the light in a much tighter radius. My Fenix HP15UE only emits 900 lm but it seems brighter than the Armytek because the beam is more focused. It appears that such a device could be clipped onto the head of the Wizard Pro and removed when you don't need it. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make one or find one?
BGinthedark

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased an Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XHP50 (2300 lm). The headlight has a tremendous output of light that goes everywhere. It doesn't seem to even have a hot-spot. The textured lens is designed to defuse the beam. For many applications, I would prefer a narrower beam that concentrated the light in a much tighter radius. My Fenix HP15UE only emits 900 lm but it seems brighter than the Armytek because the beam is more focused. It appears that such a device could be clipped onto the head of the Wizard Pro and removed when you don't need it. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make one or find one?
BGinthedark
It's pretty easy to diffuse a normal beam but, going the other way is hard and inefficient. I suggest you buy a headlamp with a focused(clear lens) beam and then try and make a diffuser for it. Otherwise, you could look into one of the many models that offer both a focused and diffused beam so you can easily switch back and forth.

BGinthedark

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I was afraid that twas going to be the response I got from people who know. I will start saving my money for something that has a narrower throw but similar in lumen output.