Article About Flashaholics in the Huffington Post (Mentions CandlePowerForums!)

Quest4fire

Enlightened
Hilarious! Wonder what his member ID is? You might have even responded to one of his posts asking for recommendations for a flashlight to appease his miffed, incredulous girlfriend! Perhaps he is still a lurker. Will the real Douglas Anthony Cooper please stand up! We welcome ya.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
The article reads like he got sucked into the forums and didn't come back up until he was Dangerously close to deadline. ;-) Fun read.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I was going to post something about a torrent of incoming newbs, but the article has zero comments thus far; though there are a lot of lurker flashaholics..

Some interesting phraseology in there, "I now own small flashlights -- no larger than the average human ***** --" No wonder I have so many large lights..

betweenrides

Newly Enlightened
Hilarious! Wonder what his member ID is? You might have even responded to one of his posts asking for recommendations for a flashlight to appease his miffed, incredulous girlfriend! Perhaps he is still a lurker. Will the real Douglas Anthony Cooper please stand up! We welcome ya.

Re-read the OP...:whistle:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
In the article he mentions that he was into slide rule collecting. This rings a bell. :nana:

visigoth

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all!

Um, what precisely happens when you're "strobed by a TK70"? Sounds ominous. (Epilepsy? Madness?)

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was a good read. I shall forward it to my wife at which point she will continue to roll her eyes at me :D

Greta

Flashaholic
What a fun article! :D I was wondering at the sudden increase in new members also... now I know :twothumbs

The scarey part is how well this guy seemed to "capture our essence"... :laughing:

Greta

Flashaholic
What a fun article! :D I was wondering at the sudden increase in new members also... now I know :twothumbs

The scarey part is how well this guy seemed to "capture our essence"... :laughing:

gollum

Enlightened
nice article
thanks for showing...
I recall it being a few weeks after joining here until I read about venting etc
I forget how daunting everything seemed at first

but the theme I got from the article is the sense of amazement at our CPF community

CPF is awesome

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure I want to show that to people I see everyday -pipe bombs and Lithium fire- but absolutely hilarious!

why should our rent be more important than superior knurling?

+1 he can only be one of us.

Last edited: