ATF allows sale of pen gun

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tomas, I'm confused. You can buy one of you already have a FOID card. But if you don't have a gun license you can still go in and buy one? I thought all gun purchases, pistols or whatever required you to be registered and go through the background check and such.

Well, at least the process of buying one that any law abiding citizen would go through to own a gun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I honestly don't know what the laws are in this state, I need to look them up. A quick perusal of packing.org shows me that I can even get a concealed carry here. That would be fun to have...

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
gimiky guns like this really are poor weapons in general. I would rather face someone with one of those than someone with even a small underpowered weapon of more conventional design.

mrorange

Newly Enlightened
You know, i just re-read the VPC press release and found the following quote laughable:

"It is almost unfathomable the depths to which the Ashcroft Justice Department will sink to carry out the bidding of the gun industry and its lobbying allies. Stinger's pen and knife guns can be re-classified tomorrow to protect public safety on the street, in our offices, and in the air. And if the Ashcroft Justice Department truly cares about public safety, it will do so immediately."

Does anyone there realize that the "Stinger" is just an old design being sold by a new manufacturer? The R.J. Braverman manufactured ones were around during the entire Clinton administration and I don't remember Janet Reno having a problem with them, but suddenly Ashcroft is the bad guy..... Geez.