• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Auction: Magseoul mod - 100% going to CPF

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha said:
I see that post #25 is edited... :ironic:
Looks to me like somebody had a change of hearts...Typo perhaps??:thinking:

Last edited:

Gryloc

Enlightened
Yes, Nereus, that is a very nice gesture! I wish I can afford to bid. I would love to get something like that if I didn't have some Seouls on the way for something similar. I hope that this goes well. Good luck all with the bidding. I have a feeling that in 7 days, this will start getting crazy! :touche:

-Tony

Nereus

Enlightened
Gryloc said:
Yes, Nereus, that is a very nice gesture! I wish I can afford to bid. I would love to get something like that if I didn't have some Seouls on the way for something similar. I hope that this goes well. Good luck all with the bidding. I have a feeling that in 7 days, this will start getting crazy!
touche.gif

-Tony
Thanks for this and all other compliments!
smile.gif
I hope that things do *not* go crazy, this is my first auction after all!
aaa.gif
smile.gif

Great to see that you guys are interested in this mod - that's good for CPF!
grinser2.gif

-N

batvette

Newly Enlightened
If this is done in the spirit of e-bay Sasha is correct that the bidding was left at $250, and the next incremental bid would be high bid, HOWEVER at the end of the auction if the bidding does not go over $350, Dirk wins at one increment over the current bid because he stated he'd go that high. Any competetive highest bid would have to pre-date Dirk's.

Make sense?

ss2nv

Newly Enlightened
batvette said:
If this is done in the spirit of e-bay Sasha is correct that the bidding was left at $250, and the next incremental bid would be high bid, HOWEVER at the end of the auction if the bidding does not go over $350, Dirk wins at one increment over the current bid because he stated he'd go that high. Any competetive highest bid would have to pre-date Dirk's.

Make sense?
I appreciate it man...:rant:

All that and no bid from you???:thumbsdow

batvette

Newly Enlightened
ss2nv said:
I appreciate it man...:rant:

All that and no bid from you???:thumbsdow

Wanting to bid on it was what caused me to click on the link at the top of the page.... $350 too bright for my wallet.

Keep in mind you can post $351 and beat Dirk by a buck.

(and my post isn't the law around here, Sasha is, obviously. Seems like she was just trying to inject some needed sanity into the melee, whatever the case a bid made in the heat of the moment at any auction is still a bid.)

If there was an inherent flaw to be corrected in future situations it might be merely to establish the increment amount of bids. Like $1, $2.50, $5.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
batvette said:
If there was an inherent flaw to be corrected in future situations it might be merely to establish the increment amount of bids. Like $1, $2.50, $5.

Why? Its more fun to be able to bid whatever you want.

I'll put in 257.38

ss2nv

Newly Enlightened
batvette said:
Wanting to bid on it was what caused me to click on the link at the top of the page.... $350 too bright for my wallet.

Keep in mind you can post $351 and beat Dirk by a buck.

(and my post isn't the law around here, Sasha is, obviously. Seems like she was just trying to inject some needed sanity into the melee, whatever the case a bid made in the heat of the moment at any auction is still a bid.)

Can you show me where it says that Sasha runs auctions in this way? Not calling you incorrect, cause I really don't know. I tried looking for the answer, but couldn't find it. Oh, and BTW "thesurefire",...
$258.01 !! :touche: :laughing:

Greta

Flashaholic
batvette said:

I hope Dirk will check in and read this. As far as I'm concerned, Dirk's last VALID bid was $250.00. If he wants to bid anything higher than that from here on, he'll have to post it. I'm not going to sit here and up everyone else's bids by $1.00 (or whatever) until they go over $350.00. Kinda takes the fun out of it all, don'tcha think? Because the way you describe this, anyone who bids on this with less than $350.00 knows they don't have a chance and basically, everyone can run this up to $349.00 knowing full well they won't have to come up with the cash and it will force Dirk to have to pay $350.00. And I wouldn't put it past a few to do just that. So... Dirk's last bid was $250.00. Currently the high bid is $258.01 by ss2nv. If no one bids higher than $258.01 by the time this auction closes, then ss2nv has the winning bid.

Make sense?

Edit... added....

Oh... and we are not doing this in the spirit of ebay... 'cuz... well... this ain't ebay...

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the various posts, Sasha.

I notice that moderating this thread has been somewhat akin to trying to herd a bunch of stray cats. Good job!

:) :D

kassy

Banned
It's an interesting auciton isn't it? good luck to all of you. before you judge others, take a good look at yourself. This is a good byword.

kassy

Banned
It's an interesting auciton isn't it? good luck to all of you. before you judge others, take a good look at yourself. This is a good byword.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonderful auction thanks to Nereus`s generous donation! :thumbsup:

Sorry dirkp but since I am posting, I have to bid, right? :whistle:

$271.00

Lets keep it fun.:)

Ken

Latest posts